Roller coasters and 6 year olds

Definitely depends on the kid, my kid was 5 and wanted to hop in line for the tallest coaster at Kings Island. I’d say POVs didn’t help her as much as knowing what the seating is like beforehand i.e. Space mtn, no one beside you so a bit different than what some may be use to seeing. She was nervous for FoP at 8yo because she hadn’t seen the seat arrangement until we got there. Hopped on the test seat, said it was good, and that was it, she was ready to GO!

1 Like

My DD was 6 on our first trip. She loved Space Mountain and RnR. She refused to get on Expedition Everest not because of the ride, but because of the Yeti. She did not like BTMRR because of the fire and scary sounds. In short she wasn’t scared of the intensive rides or drops, but of scary experiences (like a witch or monster).

We have Busch Gardens passes in our area and she rides everything now. The rides at Disney are super tame compared to what she’s used to.

2 Likes

Yup. Depends on the child.

On every trip our son rode everything he was tall enough for, including Thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, Space Mountain, etc. Some when he was as young as 3.5 and 4.5 yrs old…

1 Like

I don’t expect POV videos to do more than help me gauge interest. I do have an idea of which child will be the most likely to balk. But peer pressure from his womb-mates might help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Should I factor rider swap into my TPs? That way I’ll be happy with the extra time if I get it? or should I make a plan A - with rider swaps and a Plan B without rider swaps?

I’d try adding in rider swap for the more “risky” rides. Personally, I typically end up running late with my TP, so I’d rather have some extra time to do a few more things than run out of time and have to cut stuff from the end of the day.