ROL...to see or not to see?

I think that will be my plan. Waiting in line to get a seat is not going to go over well with rest of the clan if turns out not to be thier cup of tea. I am ginna keep trying for a dining package that will work well in our plan. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

I have yet to to see it but have the Tusker House PPO ROL package booked for our upcoming trip. We’ll see if we use it or ditch out for more time at Epcot.

The only caveat about alternative viewing outside the amphitheater is that there are projections on the water you won’t be able to see. Actually, I was IN the amphitheater and couldn’t see them, as I slid in at the last minute and didn’t get a great seat. I left before the show was over.

So, I’d say if you can a get a good seat in the middle of the viewing area, it would be worth it. If you can’t, then viewing from the bridge is worthwhile so you don’t have to set aside as much time and can beat the exodus out of the park if you want to. What you don’t want to do is stand in line and get a bad seat anyway.

1 Like

I’ve actually never seen the theater fill up - I was there on a CL 10 day MLK weekend earlier this year, but it was pretty cool so maybe that pulled down attendance? Just surprised that it warrants lining up that far in advance.

2 Likes

I found the show relatively unremarkable. It would be great as a pageant at your local zoo or regional theme park, but at the risk of sounding spoiled, compared to Fantasmic and Illuminations, it’s fairly boring.

I agree you should try it once yourself though - everyone has different tastes.

3 Likes

I was surprised. It was a CL 3 day (predicted to be a CL 4 day) and I thought I could just show up at the last minute, the rest of the family was riding KS. Well, I got one of the few seats left, way to the right on the concrete. The seat was hard and the projections were all “off”, so I ended up leaving early. I’d much rather have watched the Tree of Life the whole time.

Agree…huge time commitment with 3 kids if you end up being dissapointed in the end getting a not so great seat anyway. I figure if we get to catch a little from an alternate viewing area (thanks again mousematt) then maybe we can decide if it is worth taking the time out another night we are in AK to see the whole thing?

1 Like

I just assumed that it filled most of the time and it wasnt full on a CL10? …maybe worth swinging by last min to see if there is room?

I hear that from a lot of people which is probably why i did not make the effort to go the last 2 trips. My “need” to experience everything at disney at least once is what is driving me to want to attempt it this time. Time is of the essesnce though.

1 Like

It may be hit or miss - the weather was really cold (Jan) so that may be why it was a CL 10 but people weren’t willing to sit and watch a show - more apt to be on rides. We have always done the Tiffins package, but I’ve just never seen it packed - people do report that it is though. So perhaps I have either weird luck or am just not accurately observant :grimacing:. Is there just one show the day you’re going? I know when there are two shows people report being able to easily get into one of them.

Also FWIW, we got our seats and then went and got drinks and food, eating while waiting a bit for the show the start.

1 Like

I think it is worth seeing. We don’t do it every trip, but we’ve seen it multiple times. It’s not the best Disney nighttime show, but there are some cool features.
We walked up 2 minutes before the show started a few weeks ago and they seated us in the FPP section because it wasn’t full. I don’t think I have ever seen the entire seating area full.

1 Like

I am going to try to walk up right before the show and see what happens. If i am lucky maybe a dining package time will open up and i wont have to worry about it.

1 Like

Here is hoping I have a little of your wierd luck. Only one show while we are there unless they decide to add another but not likely I think. Love tiffins… my favorite resturant but i opted to do the FOTLK package with that ressie since that show is my fav

1 Like

Are there two shows the night you go? I’ve noticed the second show is even less crowded.

1 Like

Last i checked only one listed. Always a chance they could add another so i will keep that in mind

Also we have snagged same day FPPs for the show (even later in the day) so keep refreshing.

2 Likes

Will do!

1 Like

We were able to walk into the first show pretty much right at show time a few weeks ago on a Friday night (7/26). Didn’t have the greatest seat as we were fairly far left (think left most section but on the right aisle which was nice for a quick escape), but given it was near zero wait, it was ideal for us.

We liked it - but felt it was a see once and we’re good type show. Wouldn’t protest about seeing it again if someone we were with really wanted to see it, but would be unlikely to seek it out on our own as well…

2 Likes