ROL Dining Package

Hello

Is the rivers of light dining package worth it?

Thanks,

Judy

Really it depends on a few different things.

One, if you are planning on dining at Tiffins, the price is really worth i just based on menu prices and food quality there.

Two, your value compared to my value might be two different things. There are a lot of people who were very disappointed in RoL. There are others who think it’s incredible. I’d do some homework to make sure it’s something that will appeal to your family beforehand.

1 Like

I don’t know if it is worth it, but I have a RoL dining package for my next trip. It will be my first time seeing RoL. I didn’t want to stress about getting a standby seat in (what I read is) a small theater. If we don’t like the show, at least we know for the next trip!

We did ROL dining package at Tiffins the week it opened and both the meal, and the show were fantastic. The dining experience at tiffins is one of a kind. The food, the art, the service…just incredible. Our waiter kept calling my 7 year old daughter sugar booger. It made her giggle every time and she talks about that all the time! I was totally blown away by rivers of light. The message and the visuals. It was just amazing. I recorded it and on play back I hear myself saying wow, this is incredible, over and over. So I guess I would have to say it was worth it for us. If you choose tiffins, you get an appetizer and dessert as well. That was really nice for us to try different things. It’s totally pricey but what isn’t at Disney? You pay for the experiences, the magic, the memories. That’s how I look at it :slight_smile:

In 19 days I will be eating at Tiffins with the dining package for the 3rd time- yes!

2 Likes

I just did it and we ate brunch (10:40 breakfast, then lunch at 11ish) at Tusker House. For me it was worth it because we didn’t have to worry about lining up to get seats. However, out of our group of 5, only 2 of us REALLY enjoyed ROL.

How early did you line up? I read 15-20 minutes if you have a FP or Dining Package.

1 Like

We just got a 2nd show RoL package at Tiffin’s for next week. I like Tiffin’s, but I’m debating switching to Spirit of Aloha that evening because I’ve heard that RoL isn’t that thrilling for kids and my mom and my younger niece haven’t see Spirit of Aloha. We have 6:55 FoP FPs, though, so I’m not sure we’d make it to Poly by 8:15 even if we Uber.

I do not think you could be walking out of AK before 7:30. I do not think I would chance that.

That’s what I was thinking. I mean 30 minutes should be long enough to get from AK to Poly by car, but I hate being rushed.

It is so dependent on how fast an Uber driver can be there. I have had one dropping off and jumped right in but I had a bad experience one night where I watched the driver pull over on the app, 20 minutes later I messaged him. If there are no drivers around you can be in for a long wait!