Rivers of Light - Is it a good show?

This may have been asked before but was wondering your opinions on the Rivers of Light show at Animal Kingdom. We wanted to try and catch all the closing shows in each park this visit in March. Thanks!!

Beautiful but very slow pace, not much happens (floats parade slowly on the river in front of you). It is our least favorite night show at WDW. Our DS 7 thought it was really boring while he LOVED all the other shows.

2 Likes

Thanks this is helpful info.

1 Like

It is very pretty, but seems long and repetitive. And if course we waited about 20 minutes for the show to start so it didn’t seem worth it to me. I’ve read that you can see the show from the bridge to Dinoland and maybe some of the Flame Tree seating so if I saw the show again on our next trip, I’d just try to catch a few minutes of it that way.

1 Like

It is a decent show.
But I would not engage in a lot of acrobatics to fit it into my plan.
Many other things would take priority (including, depending on the travelers, an early end to the night)

2 Likes

I think it is one of those, see it once kind of shows. I have been a few times and it just isn’t that great as compared to others in the parks. But I would see it once for sure.

1 Like

I don’t like this show to be honest, but it is a good show. All Disney shows are good. I’d say give it a shot. Always give everything a shot and then you can tell us if it’s a good show or not!

1 Like

I felt like the show was a preteen. It hasn’t figured out what it wants to be when it grows up. Lots of interesting elements but no big cohesive wow like the other shows.

1 Like

It was pretty but we were bored pretty quickly. We likely won’t see it again. And like previous people said I wouldn’t jump through hoops to see it.

When I try to add ‘Rivers of Light’ to my touring plan, I get an error message saying the park will close before sunset. I’m confused - Will they have the show in June? Do they do the show if the park closes before it gets dark?

Maybe AK is closing early that one day?