Rivers of Light 8 PM close

Hi,
Hope someone can help. Planning trip for April and wanted to do AK on a night it closes at 8:00. I get an alert when creating my plan saying “After-dark experiences are not available at AK since the park closes near or before sunset”. However, Rivers of Light is still listed when I check the showtimes for events that day for 8:30. I’m also able to add it to my plan. So … will there be a showing? I’m pretty confused by this. Thanks for any guidance!

Often, night time spectaculars start at, or after, “closing”. “Closing” is the time they stop letting guest tap in. It will take an hour, or more, for the queued guests to cycle through popular rides and make their way to an exit. Those watching ROL, Epcot Forever, etc will then be a second wave toward the exits.

Ok thank you! That helps a ton. My son wants to see River of Light. I just wanted to make sure I didn’t need to switch parks. Thank you!!

Hi all, I too was confused by this. But to make it even MORE confusing, I bought tickets for Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on April 7, 2020. But my touring plan shows the same “After-dark experiences are not available at AK since the park closes near or before sunset”. I would figure that the TP would have a checkbox where I can indicate that I purchased Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but it does not.

Not sure it helps, but the plan is here AK - Tues

And for total disclosure I did ask about this before :slight_smile: