Rise of the Resistance Pre Show

So I’ve been on the ride twice – once in Dec 2019 (with the pre show briefing) and again in May 2021 (no pre show – taken from the queue to the stormtrooper room). Is this happening all the time now or was it just that day? Like, is it to keep the line moving quickly or was it a technical issue?

Most pre-shows were not being utilized for a long time after reopening. Recently they have been returning but pandemic precautions aside there can still be occasions when it is bypassed. At this point you can probably “plan” on a pre-show but just realize it might not be done.

2 Likes

We were there last week and rode ROTR two different days. Each time there was the pre show with BB8 and Rey.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be there in 6 days with 5 others who have never ridden. I think the pre show is so important for the ride buildup and I’d want to prep them if it wasn’t happening.

1 Like

Absolutely!

I have never experienced it without the preshow but I can’t imagine having any understanding of what the heck is happening without it. It is absolutely critical to setting the whole thing up right.

Have a great trip!

4 Likes

When I was there on July 14, July 19, and July 21, all of the preshows were running. That was before they reinstated the mask requirement though.

1 Like

We rode for the first time in May with a very minimal pre-show. Rode again in July with the whole pre-show. It’s so much better! A much more immersive experience!

2 Likes

We managed 3 rides last week and all had the pre-show. Would be a much lesser ride with it just starting in the walk to the cells. Wonder if in May they didn’t want to jam everyone into the transport due to Covid? Seems the most likely…

1 Like

From what I have observed/heard, the main issues have to do with the turntable mechanism for the shuttle. Apparently it breaks quite often.

When you are just thrown in to the stormtrooper location as a starting point it just does not feel right.

6 Likes

Given what people are saying, I think this must’ve been what happened to us in May. Thanks!

Thanks - I had been wondering how that particular mechanism worked, but had not yet spent any time thinking about it…

So in this scenario, do you just walk through somehow to the big room?

1 Like

Yes. If you were facing the door to enter the shuttle, you would head left to the rear of the shuttle, through some narrow hallways behind the ship. You will eventually get to a door on the other side is the hangar. You are on the far left side of the hangar and at the nose of nose ship. If I remener correctly, it is sort of behind the vehicle that is just sitting in the hangar.

It really does play a trick on your brain because everything does not feel like it is in the right spot.

1 Like

You can kind of see it the path in this picture. I used a red line to sort of highlight the general direction…

4 Likes

Thanks for that! :smiley:

We rode on Aug. 3 with no preshow and on Aug. 6 with the preshow. As @Shellott-hill said, it doesn’t seem right when they just walk you into the room with the Stormtroopers. You miss the context of where you are in the story.

1 Like

The preshows were actually my favorite part!!! We rode it four times, two successfully, and two where we were evacuated from the ride once while on the ride in front of the AT-ATs and the other time right before getting in the cell block

1 Like

Just looking at these floorplans makes me very excited to ride this thing again :star_struck:

1 Like

Cool. I found floor 2 as well!

4 Likes