Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Do we know how many BBGs are being distributed each day?

Subtract last bbg called from the bbg threshold

So, everyone that gets a BBG has been boarding? I guess I was wondering for, say, 3/7: If they took 75 BBGs (138 minus 63), did they only give out 75 BBGs, or could they have done, say, 90, and those last 15 groups didn’t make it on.

Last BBG called is not necessarily equal to number given out. There is no way to know highest given out. You can assume it on days where they might have closed a little early… I.e. they called all groups. But even then they could have had a breakdown after an overall successful day. So no way to know really.

2 Likes

Today is not looking great

Wow, you’re right. Only on BG40 at 2:30pm. I also heard that TSMM has had problems today.

Another decent measurement is the dvc point calendar. Doesnt help w individual days but the 2021 calendar is far more differentiated so we are starting there.

1 Like

2 Likes

Now that Spring Break is ramping up and CLs will be back in the 8-10 range, I’m assuming that last week is the only good data point I’m going to have for planning my HS morning in late April. (predicted CLs in the 4-6 range). At least that’s what I’m telling myself because last week looked really good to me! I can handle getting a BBG. What I can’t handle is the pressure of missing ROTR altogether. Thanks again @SteveBloom for this ongoing tracker. It is incredibly valuable to me, and the TP community.

2 Likes

You should be fine in late April. Moderate crowds and a bit more time for Disney to improve operations will be in your favor.

2 Likes

This thread had me so stressed, but I tried to get boarding groups three times last week - my first try, I got BG11 (they started at 10), my second try I got BG4 (started at 3) and my third try I was actively trying for a later group because I didn’t know when my family was arriving, and I got BG48. I think you’ll be ok. If you want backup, tell me your dates and login and I’ll try to get you one too - I’m a little bit addicted to the rush now. :laughing:

6 Likes

We got on RotR today!! BG 25. Thanks a million to this board for all the tips! It was amazing! Our whole group loved it!!

4 Likes

This makes me feel so much better (the thread is stressing me out too yet I can’t not read it).

1 Like

A guy I work with went to Disneyland last week and arrived 15 minutes AFTER park opening, got a BBG, and was able to ride. While some days (like today at HS), BBGs may run out in 3 minutes, that is becoming the exception rather than the rule (thanks to relatively poor operations the day before).

I think it’s getting to the point where if you’re on time you can take a chill pill. Wait for the park to open, take a deep breath, then click “Find out more,” and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Would anyone be able to recommend a strategy for trying to rope drop MMRRR while also trying to get a boarding group for RotR? For example, if I were in line and had less than an hour wait, but had a boarding group of 20 or less, what would be the wisest thing? I guess it also depends if they are opening the MMRRR queue at 8AM…

1 Like

If you are late for your Boarding Group, just tell then you were stuck in the MNRRR queue. They will let you ride RotR.

3 Likes

Funny related story - @jtowns12 posted that she rode MMRR on opening day and was on the ride when BGs opened, and everyone was looking at their phones trying to get a BG. :joy: (She got one.)

1 Like

Oooo, this is good to know. I will be there in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I also want to thank everyone for the tips on this thread! I was able to get a boarding group today for a group of 12. DH was also trying on his account. He got an error that DS wasn’t in the park and he panicked, not sure what to do. (Still unsure as to why the error occurred because we had been in the park for a full 30 minutes!) I had to force quit my app once, but was still quick enough to get BG 47!
The ride was wonderful. I wish the best of luck to everyone who is trying. I sure hope Disney gets the reliability of the ride under control soon so they can open the experience up to more guests!

6 Likes

Did this today. We arrived around 6:30, tapped in at around 7. Went straight to line for MMRR. In the preshow room at 8:00. Had difficulty getting Join boarding group to show up. Closed out and reopened. Got BG 51for 3. Off MMRR at 8:11. Rode RotR around 1:30 after 2 breakdowns earlier in the day.

4 Likes