Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

What was the last bbg for today?

No way of knowing the max number distributed , but they were being handed out until 8:40 according to reports over on chat

After the cheers of people that were successful, it was very sad to hear the cries of the kids that didn’t get a boarding pass and not get the chance to experience the ride. For a place that makes many dreams come true…it can also break alot of hearts.

4 Likes

This is what we dread for our upcoming March trip. No matter how many times we’ve told our little one that we probably won’t get it to manage expectations, I cannot imagine how devastating it would be too hear others elated screams of joy while simultaneously finding out you’re not getting on the ride and that you woke up early and did all this quite literally for nothing.

6 Likes

They need to find a way for those of us that have ridden to gift our BG to those who haven’t. There is no feeling more special than being able to spread a little magic at the parks.

I remember back in 2009 we made a bunch of grape soda bottle cap pins to wear around the park. There were a lot of people commenting on them and were wondering where we got them. We made a lot of extras and were able to spread a little magic gifting them to a few families.

2 Likes

That is heart breaking.

3 Likes

It would be great if people actually used it that way, in the paper fast pass days I gave plenty away as I left the park and yet still have ones that I use as bookmarks (so many philharmagic bonus passes…). My mom told me stories about getting ride tickets books from the trash cans at the front of the MK with some unused tickets in them when I was an infant, and somehow I still have one of those too.

For Rise though, I’m also sure there would be RotR BG scalpers. Anyone who winds up empty handed at 8:02am would gladly pay, and I’d pay even more to not have to be there stressing out all morning.

I was priced out of staying at Disney this year, so I already feel like a second class citizen (barely any FPs left at all by the time I registered at 30 days and zero hours). Maybe this BG madness is a blessing in disguise…

1 Like

I completely understand the desire to limit the ride to those who haven’t had a chance but it would have unintended consequences. I’ve ridden twice but each time with a different person. The first I was visiting my DD who’s in the Disney College Program. She had the day off so I bought her a ticket to HS since CMs are blocked. A few weeks later, I went with my son for February break. DD didn’t go again because I wasn’t buying her another ticket. If I had been blocked though, then my son couldn’t have gone either.

It is a difficult situation for sure. You want to have success for yourself, but you talk with all of these other people while you wait and end up feeling invested in their success too. On my second try, I was talking to the people around me as we waited. There was a family who had tried a few days prior without success. I told them all of the tips I knew. They previously had only one person trying and I told them to have everyone try. One of their kids got through with BG 36. I was so happy for them. The flip side though was the family on the other side of me. The Join Boarding Group was not active. I helped him until it came up but then they had one person not in the park. We went to remove her but it was too late. Game over. They were so disappointed. I felt so badly for them but there was nothing more that I could do. Hopefully the situation will improve soon and there won’t be as many disappointments.

5 Likes

I enacted the same strategy…chat with your neighbors in the park and gauge whether or not they need help in getting a boarding group. Walk them through the process if they are receptive.

1 Like

I think this all comes down to managing expectations. Although my daughter isn’t a huge star wars fan, she loves a few other rides around Disney gets excited when we plan trips to go. I try to manage her expectations WAY before even setting foot on a plane! That way if the ride breaks down, has ridiculous lines or we just can’t get a fast pass, she’s not completely unmanageable.

5 Likes

Yes to this. My son knows all too well the heartbreak that can come from Disney. His first trip was full of it. His idol, Peter Pan, couldn’t come to his meeting spot at all during our visit. We were next in line to see Baymax when a castmember told me they have mismanaged the line, allowing too many people in, so Baymax would actually be “going back to recharge” when he was done with the family he was currently seeing. THEN, the absolute last straw, his jedi training acadamy was rained out, and at that time that was the ONLY way to interact or even see Darth Vader in the parks. He just cried and cried. The poor cast member tried to conjur some extra magic for him by way of fastpasses but he was too far gone. To top it off, the poor kid had to sit next to his starry eyed sister through all of the princess interactions. So I learned my lesson, and this time I am learning to frame our opportunities differently, and really encourage flexibility by naming all of the alternate plans we have if something doesn’t go the way we think it will. I do feel badly for all the kids who don’t get a boarding group for the ride. And I feel bad for the parents who have to help their child through it- I know, I was in their shoes!!!

2 Likes

I showed a family how to do it while standing in line at 7DMT one morning. They were so thankful for some extra knowledge to help them get a BG.

3 Likes

We gave a tutorial on the bus on the way to HS from SoG and again when we ran into some friends. Paying it forward it or something. So many people didn’t have a clue that I felt obligated to hand them out once in a while.

3 Likes

6 Likes

A great streak of days and nice BGph rates!

My brother and his wife got BG 7 this morning on a one-day anniversary trip. Much better than their 100+ BG last time!

5 Likes

Looking like it is improving - anymore speculation on whether they really are getting more people through the ride or if they are just finagling the BG numbers? Would be curious to know if the ride is actually getting more efficient.

I counted twice, and the ride is getting 1,500 guests per hour. 1,700 is the theoretical max capacity. Before this week, the best we had seen was 1,400 on each coat.

We believe the early closure on Wednesday was for maintenance/repair.

13 Likes

Looks like 148 BGs today. And they started calling 148 at 6:15.

5 Likes

Sounds like genuine improvement - let’s hope whatever wheels they greased hold up!

2 Likes

It’s too early to call this a long-term trend, but the last four days at WDW have been promising - downtime is hovering closer to 10% rather than 20%+. I’m going to keep watching this over the next week but it could be an indication that they fixed something?

DL has had a couple of bad days, but nothing approaching a trend in either direction. Still a good bet based on # of operating hours.

6 Likes