Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

What time did you tap in? In the first days where the virtue queue was opened as soon as you entered the park, it took a few minutes for the system to realize that you had tapped in.

3 Likes

I’m glad to see the BG threshold is increasing again instead of below 50. Heading there this Monday to try myself😬

I was at home in Omaha. Mom, aunt, and cousin were tapped into the park by 7:45 at least since they were texting me from by Disney Jr.

I was tapped in at 7:20am

Did you refresh MDE after entering the park? I’ve heard it helps to refresh about 5 min before go time.

Yes, I absolutely started fresh etc

1 Like

I see that you got BG “outside” of Epcot. So you had not tapped into Epcot yet?

That is the same red box I got the other morning but different message.

So I spoke with guest relations. She walked me through the steps and — kudos to the advice on this thread! — said I’d done it as right as one can. Apparently this is common. I gently pushed for an earlier BG but she said they got thru all the BBGs by 6pm yesterday. so we’ll see!

1 Like

A new level of evil

11 Likes

I think somebody said something link try to make a fake dining reservation after tapping into park to see if the app sees everybody. I’m confused on how that’d help… I’m missing some detail here, somebody help!

Epcot did not open until 9. So no, I did not tap in

Got two missing members of the group on the app during my testing this morning (2nd time it happened to me… two days in a row).
Details: Wife and I have same iPhone X and older version of app 5.8 (one version behind current version on purpose). DD has old iphone 6 on newest version of app, 5.8.1. The two of them were on home WiFi like usual, I was on LTE or 5G AT&T like usual. We counted down with me looking at the clock on phone, then I flipped over about 10 seconds before 8. Right at 8:00 or 8:01 we started trying (I used an alarm), I think my wife went a second after my daughter and I… all from the home page.

Results: Daughter and Wife saw all party members. Mine showed two out of four. After I went in all the way and out a couple of times, and I think DD had gotten out of the app, it finally started showing all members for me, but it was very delayed from the initial… like 30 seconds after 8:00.

Thoughts: Version of app and speedier phones not making an obvious difference. We were all at home, so not sure if Disney WiFi in a perfect spot would have done anything different or not. Seeing as so many people in chat and here had the same type of error, I wonder if they did something weird on the backend servers after the 5.8.1 update a few days back (when all this seems to have started). I’m tempted to uninstall and reinstall my app on my phone since it has bitten me twice now.

This is a trusted data point for me. I’d like to know on an Epcot EMH day whether you can tap in to DHS, then tap into Epcot, and then get a BG. Do you think you can arrange for TP to try this? I’d like to try this the next time we go to WDW. Thanks.

1 Like

Just musing here … but all of us ‘testing’ out the system before we go means that all of the thousands of folks at Disney Studios are not only competing to get in over everyone else there … but are also having to deal with us in our snug beds clogging the system too. I know the app stops us at a certain point but it can’t be helping the poor folks there. Might be asking for a huge favor from this board on the mornings I’m there :shushing_face:

2 Likes

I hear you, and I’m in the same boat next week are my days to try and would love if the load was lessened (even if it’s only 50 TP users testing vs. 25,000 actual people in the parks all trying). And actually I was just about satisfied and wasn’t going to test anymore as of a week ago… but DD wanted to try and then the glitch happened so I wanted to try again today… another glitch. Now I’m in troubleshooting mode!

I actually think that the way people are getting multiple people to try simultaneously for the same family is hurting the system as well…although, to this point, the system does seem to be handling it okay.

Still, if there are 10,000 people there, with 1/4 of them trying, that’s 2500 people trying to access Disney’s databases simultaneously, but in the very least, different database “records”. But then if you have two people out of four trying for the same family group, then there are 5000 people accessing the databases simultaneously, and many of them trying to access the same database record at the same time.

And in databases, once one access is being made to a database table record for modification, all others should be blocked, which will lead to more errors.

In the end, all the things people are doing to “help” get a group probably play very little in actually helping. It just becomes anecdotal.

So, I’m willing to bet that it doesn’t matter what phone you have (unless it is super ancient…meaning several years old), which phone operating system it is running, or even which phone network versus wifi you’re using…as long as you have data access from your phone, the delays you see are most likely on DISNEY’S end of things, with so many simultaneous database accesses, and NOT due to what you have in your hand.

8 Likes

Yep, this is the most likely conclusion. I still can’t help but try to troubleshoot with the limited tools I have… nature of my beast. :wink:

Back in January I had a 4-day park ticket assigned to me on the account. As part of the morning ritual, I would go into MDE and find my ticket and make sure it updated the days left on my ticket. That was my way to confirm it registered me in the park. I also made sure I did this with plenty of time before the BG drop time.

2 Likes