Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

hahahaha, but cool info, i wondered the same

6 Likes

I took the bus and had no issues. They were running plenty early (at least from Caribbean Beach).

2 Likes

How early is early? Say for instance I want to be at the park by 6 or earlier were the buses running early enough for that? My current plan is either a Minnie van or Lyft. My trip isn’t until March so I have some time to figure this all out.

From my experience last week. I tried to get to HS as early as possible from AKL on 3 separate days. Every day the first bus did not show up until well after 6am. One day people were waiting at the stop at 5:30 and a bus did not show until 6:35.

1 Like

Thank you. I had a hunch this may be the case but I’m not ready to rule out the buses entirely for my HS day yet.

1 Like

Oh, yes, the bus usually starts running 45 minutes before the park opens…so it would not get you there that early!

Yeasterday seem like oporations is back to normal

2 Likes

@SteveBloom does the backup open at the same time - or is that a random thing?

Once all the BG are taken, the system automatically goes to BBG until these are taken, too.

You don’t get to pick your BG. It is automatically assigned.

1 Like

What’s the consensus for a safe arrival time currently to definitely be in before 7? I’ll be there Monday (CL5) I don’t need to be at the head of the RD pack and I don’t want to get the kids up sooner than I have to. I just want a regular boarding group. 6:15? 6:30?

1 Like

People are arriving pretty close to 7am and still getting in on time, but I recommend arriving by at least 6:30am. No need to arrive before 6:00am.

1 Like

From our experience on Saturday 1/18, we got to the bus stop at 5:57 as a bus was pulling away. Someone else walked up and said it was the second bus to have come through. We were at Saratoga, at the Springs stop. We got on the next bus that came, around 6:15 and were through the tapstyles at 6:50ish.

2 Likes

@SteveBloom Any chance you can post the excel file with your data table so I can play around with my own graphs and formulas? Thanks!

This sounds promising. I’m keeping my transportation plans pretty loose right now, but compiling as much data as I can beforehand.

1 Like

Boarding group distribution started early this morning (at least according to my Verizon phone) at 6:59. Crowd outside Toy Story Land very deep by rope drop - well past the bend at the movie theater. Got group 32, called at 7:32. Did SDD, TOT and ROTR and was out of the park by 9.

Gondolas were running when I arrived about 6:30. On my way over to Epcot, I overheard two cast members talking about how they didn’t understand why they were starting the skyliner earlier (at 6:30) since it wouldn’t get people to DHS on time for park open. So, it sounds like they have (or are) moving up the time for Skyliner operations.

1 Like

Thanks for all of these reports, it was great help planning our trip. Went this morning. Left Dolphin at 6:10am, arrived around 6:30am and were through the tapstiles by 6:40am (we didn’t have any bags). Walked over to Sunset Ranch and grabbed a table. Heard a couple of announcements about the boarding groups opening at 7am. Was ready to log in and at 6:59am heard come cheers so clicked on “my status” and was able to add a group and get a boarding pass - group 51. Rode ToT standby (they were completely bypassing the library and went right to boiler room) and were on boat back to Dolphin for breakfast by 8am.

Started with group 9 at around 7:15 am and we were called at 9:50am. Ride went down sometime around 10:30am, but was back up by 11:20am. Got in line at 11:20am and were walking off around 12:10pm. Never really stopped moving through the queue. I’m not a huge Star Wars fan but this was SPECTACULAR. Easily the best attraction Disney has produced in decades and should be right up there with Shanghai Pirates and Radiator Springs Racers IMO.

4 Likes

Ride seems to be down… 10 am… I am 30 people from getting in…

Ah bummer. That happened to us Wednesday. We rode this morning again around 7:45 without a hitch.

It was only down for 30 minutes or so… Ride was flawless

1 Like