Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

Any trick to getting a low number boarding group? I ha e seen several tips on-line about refresh tips vs when to open the app. Wondering what’s working best?

Definitely curious for your tips as well, how early did you arrive to HS and any tips or just fast fingers?

Walked over from Boardwalk, left at 5:45. Arrived at 6:05, no line at security. In park a little after 6:30. We were waiting over by ToT. Couldn’t keep a Wifi connection so both used Verizon LTE. (4 bars) Wife was faster.

2 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

It is a bit amazing that they got through 108 Boarding Groups yesterday. We suspect that three things help make this possible:

1. Disney was aware that there were operational problems before the park opened and reduced the size of each Boarding Group
  2. People left the park since the ride was not operating
  3. Kept the ride running an hour after the park closed
5 Likes

Your chart shows it “opened” at 0742 today but it almost immediately shut down again and still not restarted at 0906.

1 Like

We had BG 74 yesterday and were called at 5:19. We didn’t enter the queue until 6:42 and it was very close to the entrance to MuppetVision 3D. We didn’t get on the transport until 8:10. Ride stopped around 8:22 at final Kylo scene for us and we were walked out at 8:30 with no one left in a queue that had at least an hours worth of people in it prior to riding. We noticed a hat squished under an automatic door within the ride. We received FP for today and complimentary 1-Day HS passes that expire Jan 20, 2022 as “recovery”.

2 Likes

Calling BG were pretty steady yesterday. No Boarding Group were called for more than 2 hours.

Based on @BoozyJ experience they might have just kept calling new Boarding Groups regardless if the ride was operating.

1 Like

Staying on property (POFQ) in a few weeks. We definitely want to arrive 30-60 minutes before park opening. What is the best way to get to the park? Bus or Uber/Lyft?

Check with your resort to see when busses start operating. It should be at least an hour before the park opens. Bus will be fine, but a ride share will be more dependable.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, Steve (really, for all this work!). I’ve never used rideshare in the parks before (we almost always drove or used the bus), but I agree with you and will give it a shot.

(Maybe we’ll take a test Uber/Lyft run the day before! :slight_smile:)

1 Like

They just kept calling BGs, likely to make people happy, but there were 39 BGs in line at one time. It didn’t break down until after park close and the line was steadily moving from 6:42 when we got in it.

1 Like

When RotR goes down and they give out free one day HS tickets and FP’s, what rides are the FP’s for and how does that work? We’re going to be there in March and I wonder if it will still be having problems then.

Ours is a Multiple Experiences pass, it doesn’t mention Rise in the list, but I assume we can use it there. And now it’s not in my list on the app so I can’t check, but I think every other attraction with FP was included.

1 Like

@ekmkekmk we used Uber yesterday and it was slick. Drop off right at the gates. I’m not sure why Skyliner isn’t working prior to park open and we didn’t want to risk the bus from a Skyliner resort; Caribbean Beach.

2 Likes

Ride share is quick and seamless at WDW, for the most part. HS drop off is so close to the taps. And the drivers know exactly where to go. 10-15 minutes from pick up will get you door to door service almost anywhere in WDW.

1 Like

When you’re in the park and looking to board a Boarding Group, does the page refresh on it’s own (like, at 7:00 it goes from greyed out to active) or do we need to constantly be refreshing to page to see when the boarding groups open?

1 Like

“Users have faster refresh if they press “My Status” rather than “Join Boarding Group””

Highly suggest you read the top post in this thread for all the tips and tricks:

3 Likes

Do you have a preference for ridesharing: Uber or Lyft?