Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Data

We got on RotR today!! BG 25. Thanks a million to this board for all the tips! It was amazing! Our whole group loved it!!

4 Likes

This makes me feel so much better (the thread is stressing me out too yet I can’t not read it).

1 Like

A guy I work with went to Disneyland last week and arrived 15 minutes AFTER park opening, got a BBG, and was able to ride. While some days (like today at HS), BBGs may run out in 3 minutes, that is becoming the exception rather than the rule (thanks to relatively poor operations the day before).

I think it’s getting to the point where if you’re on time you can take a chill pill. Wait for the park to open, take a deep breath, then click “Find out more,” and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Would anyone be able to recommend a strategy for trying to rope drop MMRRR while also trying to get a boarding group for RotR? For example, if I were in line and had less than an hour wait, but had a boarding group of 20 or less, what would be the wisest thing? I guess it also depends if they are opening the MMRRR queue at 8AM…

1 Like

If you are late for your Boarding Group, just tell then you were stuck in the MNRRR queue. They will let you ride RotR.

3 Likes

Funny related story - @jtowns12 posted that she rode MMRR on opening day and was on the ride when BGs opened, and everyone was looking at their phones trying to get a BG. :joy: (She got one.)

1 Like

Oooo, this is good to know. I will be there in 3 weeks.

2 Likes

I also want to thank everyone for the tips on this thread! I was able to get a boarding group today for a group of 12. DH was also trying on his account. He got an error that DS wasn’t in the park and he panicked, not sure what to do. (Still unsure as to why the error occurred because we had been in the park for a full 30 minutes!) I had to force quit my app once, but was still quick enough to get BG 47!
The ride was wonderful. I wish the best of luck to everyone who is trying. I sure hope Disney gets the reliability of the ride under control soon so they can open the experience up to more guests!

6 Likes

Did this today. We arrived around 6:30, tapped in at around 7. Went straight to line for MMRR. In the preshow room at 8:00. Had difficulty getting Join boarding group to show up. Closed out and reopened. Got BG 51for 3. Off MMRR at 8:11. Rode RotR around 1:30 after 2 breakdowns earlier in the day.

4 Likes

Y’all, I am so grateful to everyone here. This morning we got to HS around 5:40am. My DH and I both had bags and a very, very thorough security guard, so were behind two guys in the next to far right taps at 6am. Let in at 7am, and stopped by Trolley for coffee for my love (no line there) and then on the RD SDD. We were in line for SDD when the BGs opened, and (thanks to info from y’all and some practicing at home) I got us BG 23 using Verizon 4G on my ancient Samsung G7. We were so elated! We were able to ride ROTR as soon as our group was called at about 9:20am. We had such an awesome day at HS (didn’t ride MMRR, but didn’t plan to). :grin::grin::grin:

4 Likes

Greetings! any feedback on how the RD line for SDD was? As in at what time you got in line after coffee and what time you were done with the ride? I am trying to determine how early we need to get there to get on SDD without more than a 30 min wait. Thanks in advance! Scott

2 Likes

Hi, can anyone tell me why booking groups don’t start at number 1? Thanks

General consensus is that first booking groups are reserved for Neil Patrick Harris :crazy_face:

8 Likes

Right, I’m off to make a bunch of latex Neil Patrick Harris masks. Should make a killing selling them door to door round the hotels!

4 Likes

I’m afraid you’re thinking old school. At Disney, it doesn’t matter what you look like. What you need is access to their MDE account so you can add a Magic Band. Then, you need their fingerprint. So, you’re gonna have to follow NPH (yes…he’s a type of insulin) around and snatch up that drinking glass before it is cleaned so you can dust for prints. But then you’ll have to make an copy of it in a mold that you can wear on your own finger as you enter the gates.

Oh, and don’t forget that you’ll need to monitor which finger he actually uses to enter the park, because you wouldn’t want to go to all that work and end up using the wrong finger.

The trickiest part will be hacking into his MDE account.

2 Likes

No no, its fine. The mask will have a speaker in it with the following recorded -

“Don’t you know who I am, I’m Neil Patrick Harris! Rise of the resistance is going to be Legen…”

The castmember will be so in awe that you’ll be through the tapstile before the recording even gets to the “…dary.”

I really need to stop rewatching How I Met your Mother

4 Likes

Sorry, but Neil Patrick Harris will always be Doogie to me.

2 Likes

Don’t think Doogie Howser was ever on in the UK, either that or I was too young for it.

So he’ll always be Barney Stinson, or Dr Horrible for me

2 Likes

Well, he’s also Count Olaf now…but I loved Doogie Howser. In fact, in my college days, I spent a lot of time on various IRC channels (back when that was a thing), and there was this genius kid who was 13 who was working on his Bachelor’s at Berkeley, I believe it was. His name was Doug, but we gave him the nickname “Doogie”. :slight_smile: (Now I wonder what ever became of him.)

1 Like

I shall try and dig it out on Netflix or Amazon Prime or something as I’ve obviously missed a cultural touchstone.

As a side bar, I wonder if this is the most off-topic this thread has ever gotten? Back to the stressful star wars ride everyone!