Rise of Resistance decision

We are currently sitting in our room at Coronado Springs with the horrible decision to make…do we attempt ROR on opening day? We are big Star Wars fans, and have waited in a 3 hour line for Pandora, but I’m just not sure if we should risk it! Weigh in, please. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I understand that it’s a lot of fun to play the online games they have for use in the SWGE. Might that help pass the time?

1 Like

Solidarity! I am at Boardwalk pondering the same. We have an ADR at Oga at 9:10am, so we’re hoping that will gain us entrance into the land without a huge wait. Of course we still have to wait in line for the ride.

2 Likes

If I was there, having been to Disney many times and knowing I’ll go again, I’d do it - not often you get to do an opening day for a ride. That in and of itself will be an experience.

If I was in a situation where I hadn’t been recently and might not get to go again for quite some time, then I wouldn’t go and let it eat up a bunch of time that might be better spent elsewhere.

8 Likes

For me, it would depend on if this is my only opportunity to do it this trip. If I could do it later in the week, I’d wait. (It’s still going to be a 3 hr wait, but there won’t be all the media and etc… in the way)

3 Likes

I would go, and if it is awful bail and either enjoy HS or head to Epcot or elsewhere.

6 Likes

Yes! Do it!
How many times do you get to open up a ride???

4 Likes

It’s not the same thing at all, but . . . I was at TSL the day after opening day. Opening day was a complete zoo, with a line just to enter the land. The following day, the park was far less crowded and ASS was virtually a walk-on.

But I’d take @DumboRunner’s advice. Go to SWGE, see how things look and feel. Bail if it’s awful and come back another day. You can have FPPs for another park lined up and ready to go if needed.

4 Likes

i’d give it a go! i just read a number of reviews and they’re consistently positive with many stating how the experience is extraordinary.

2 Likes

I’d say do it if you are big SW fans. You’ll always get to say you were there on opening day and you will probably get to have fun in line/in crowd with other SW fans!

1 Like

We are at BC and walking over around 3:45. We did it for the opening of SWGE and after seeing the drones tonight, FOMO is real!!

3 Likes

are you in line?!

Per IG she is.

Sorry, I was mainly in chat but yes, we were in line, got evacuated before riding but were able to get back on when it came back online and it was AMAZING

5 Likes

Doooo it. We rode MF:SR on the first day and were back in Batuu the next day to build droids. The land was easier to interact with the second day but that first day energy was fun.

@DisneyDayDreamin, hooray!

3 Likes