Ringtone help!

I hate to admit that I’m extremely technologically inept, but I am. And I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get a disney ringtone onto my iphone. I know…I’ve read the thread on the ringtones, but I need instructions to be spelled out in the easiest, most simple way to understand. Do I have to download the tone to my laptop, then upload to iTunes, then sync my phone?? Or is there an easier way to do this? Seriously…I promise I’m not stupid, I just can’t seem to figure it out without someone spelling it out for me. :frowning:

If you purchase a ringtone from iTunes using your iPhone, it should show up on your phone automatically. However, if you’re like me and don’t want to spend $1.29 for a 30-second-or-less tone, you can create a ringtone from your own audio files. This does require you to sync your phone with your computer, though. I recently created a PotC tone that I use for texts. It always makes me (and oftentimes others around me) smile.

The instructions that I used are on the following site: How to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone | Macworld

2 Likes

Does this work the same with the list of Disney ringtones that have been posted here on Forum? There are so many that I love, but just don’t know how to get them on my phone. They don’t seem to be ones that I have to purchase…

Also, Thanks! @RobertSch6 :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that there was a list of Disney ringtones posted on the forum. I wish I knew this before!

If you have in mind the same one that I found [here] (Disney Ringtones? - #6 by KariBelle), it looks like the files are already formatted as ringtones, which should simplify the process a lot. It would still require you to sync with your computer, though, I believe. You should be able to drop the ringtones you want into iTunes on your PC or Mac, on iTunes make sure to check the ones you want, and then sync your phone.

I’m not at home right now, so I can’t test this out. But I am planning to do so when I have a chance.

Yep, that post @RobertSch6 referred to has the link to box.com where I’ve put all those sounds out as both .mp3 files (for Android) and versions converted to .m4r files for iPhones.

Android is easier, as usually you can just plug your phone into your pc, or just download them directly, then place them in your ringtones folder. (The actual folder name depends on your phone.)

For iPhones you do have to add them to iTunes then sync them to your phone. There are many how to instructions on the Internet for the process, so I’d just google around until you find one you that helps you understand it.

There is a link to one in the Disney Ringtones thread.

Also, if you find there are many sounds at my box.com site you like, you might find it easier to download the whole folder all at once to your PC and play through them there. You don’t need a Box.com login, should be a Download link at the top of the file list.

1 Like

This link was recently posted on chat too: How to Make an iPhone Ringtone From a Song For Free - Tech Advisor

https://beta.m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Fm2md0dpuf5tyqcww7m80

This is the link to the box.com site with all of the ringtones.

(I do not own nor did I create any of the tones. It was shared with me and I’m sharing with others!)

Do I have to download the tone to my laptop, then upload to iTunes, then sync my phone??

That is the simplest and most direct way for iPhone. Once loaded into iTunes, you can then pick and choose which ones you want to sync to the phone.

Thanks, all. I had already downloaded the ringtones from @JJT a while back, just couldn’t figure out how to then get them turned into ringtones. And I wasn’t sure which tutorial to follow, so I’ll check out the ones that y’all have recommended. Part of the problem was that I wasn’t successful in adding the m4r files to my iTunes library, so I assumed that must not be how it is done. Must have been some sort of user error, if I had to make a guess! Ha! I’ll keep trying! :slight_smile:

Make sure when you are in iTunes that you are looking at the Ringtones section. I was having a problem locating the tones and I was looking in the wrong place.

YAY!!! They are all there! Wow- who knew! Glad you did. Thanks SO much…I just thought I was really, really doing it wrong. :blush:

1 Like

Apple makes some amazing technology. iTunes is NOT it. I’m am IT pro and I struggle with that interface constantly.

1 Like

Agreed on iTunes - it is the counter-example to how the rest of Apple’s software works. Instead of doing a single task simply, it’s a hodgepodge of multiple functions that you need to learn how to wrangle to get anything other than the simplest most basic things done. (And by the time you figure it out, they put out a new version to “streamline” the UI…)

But that aside, it’s still the only practical way to get personally-owned (as opposed to iTunes store purchased) media onto your iPhone.

Wondering if someone can help-
I was able to download the iPhone folder of ringtones, but can’t drag & drop/add it to iTunes…only the Happily Ever After Soundtrack will show up
???