Rider Switch for My Family

That’s not normal procedure. They don’t want a kid who is too small to have to stand in line only to be turned away just before loading.

1 Like

I’m just going to share my strategy, because I was asking these kinds of questions before my trip and instead of going crazy with it, I took a different approach.

How important is it to the adults in your trip that you get to go on all the rides? Our group was me, DH, my mom, and five kids, including little ones. We could have done a lot of RS. But we just decided right up front not to bother. We took turns sitting out rides that the toddler (and sometimes 4yo) couldn’t ride, and everybody got to go on the ones they really wanted. I also decided to skip HS, since we didn’t have time to do all four parks anyway. HS has the fewest whole-family rides (although a day watching all the shows isn’t a bad plan).

There was only one time DH went back to go on a ride he’d missed, and his FPP hadn’t expired yet. It was Soarin, and the rest of us just moved on to Figment and he caught up with us in Imageworks. There was one other time when we split up our group between Triceratops Spin and Dinosaur. Nobody got to go on both. Nobody was sad about it. We preferred keeping our group together over riding every single ride.

It seemed weird to me, but it was consistent. She’s precisely 40" tall in her bare feet, so it’s not like the CMs could just eyeball her.

That is bizarre to me. My DD5 was barely 44” last trip and she got measured every time prior to entering either a FP or SB queue.

1 Like

I also brought a 45" child who went on EE, Space Mountain, and M:S Orange, and they didn’t measure her on the way into the queue. :woman_shrugging:

So crazy! Nice for you to not have to worry about it. It’s stressful!!

We experienced the same thing at HP world in Universal last summer with my 48” son. Multiple height checks every ride.

1 Like

Definitely weird. In August we saw them pulling all kids who were anywhere close to the height and plenty who were obviously (to my eyes) way over.