Rider swap with an older child

I know but newbies reading might not!

1 Like

I’ve got a thread about what British people eat for breakfast that will get them up to speed :crazy_face:

1 Like

Only if you want to scare them off!!

1 Like

YMMV on this depending on the CM. I have been told by a HM CM that they don’t do RS because there’s no height limit. Also turned away for RS at Splash mtn because my son was tall enough (but hates the drop). You could try using FP in two groups. Or return in 15 min or so, approaching a different CM, if you are turned away initially.

1 Like

If turned away, I would show them their own published policy from the website that clearly states that you don’t have to be too small, or even too scared, to get a rider swap. It actually says it can be used if someone just doesn’t want to ride. Too late for you now but you’ll know next time.

Having said that, there is a list of participating rides and they are all rides with height restrictions except FEA. So with Haunted Mansion they might stand their ground and wouldn’t be in the wrong.

1 Like

Someone on these forums posted the advice that you should approach the CMs not with QUESTIONS but basically TELLING them what you want to do.

So, for example, on HM, just go up and said, “We need to get a Rider Switch for my daughter who doesn’t want to ride.” Don’t say, “Can we do Rider Switch here?”

I think that’s a good idea, because it doesn’t give the CM the option to give the lazy answer.

2 Likes