Ride FOP twice or enjoy an empty rest of the park?

How awesome really is FOP? If I am lucky enough to land FPs for it, should we still rope drop it so we get to ride it twice? Or should we be content just riding it once with our FP so that we can enjoy that first hour riding all the other rides in a mostly empty park while everyone else scrambles to Pandora?

1 Like

Yes still RD it and the rest of the park will still be empty for quite a while. If you’re ahead of the RD pack you’ll be off shortly after park opening.

2 Likes

I just asked the same question in a much much longer way :smile: Im going to keep an eye on this thread as well to see what tips you get.

1 Like

FOP was the only ride during our last visit that always elicited “WOW!!!” from someone in the group riding it. We managed to ride it 4 times during out last visit (one RD, 3 FP on different days) and don’t regret any of the rides. For our 3rd ride we park hopped from MK basically JUST to ride FOP and definitely felt it was worth the time/trouble.

FOP is a very good ride…

2 Likes

Ride it twice. It’s amazing. Only ride my whole family was fascinated by.

2 Likes

I cried the first time I rode it. Amazing. Ride as many times as you can!

2 Likes

Also cried on FoP. It’s incredible and you should RD just for this attraction. SO worth it!

3 Likes

Well, that settles it! Might even try to squeeze in a 3rd ride as we will be in AK 2 different days.

Thanks for all the input, you guys!

1 Like

I think you will want to ride it more than once. RD is certainly an option, but the thing we love to do is to hop in line at the very end of the night. When we did this, we did NRJ at park opening and then left Pandora for the rest of the park which was empty. We did FOP with our FPP and then again at the end of the night.

1 Like

Just for a different perspective, I enjoyed FOP, but would be fine going on it 1x and enjoying the rest of the park empty. I hate lines more than I love FOP.

3 Likes

Yes this!
I certainly enjoyed it, but not enough to skip other things for it.
I have heard that RD for FOP still takes a lot of time - if that isn’t accurate, then sure do it, but I wouldn’t get there an hour before park opening so I could do it twice
YMMV

1 Like

I like FOP, but I would rather do The safaris twice or ride Everest two times in a row without any wait.

1 Like

I also cry on FOP! I find it absolutely amazing. We love Everest too, but we never seem to have a problem getting extra fast passes for it.

3 Likes

I had planned to do it once with only my fpp. but after we rode it, both my daughters said, “Can you get another fastpass?!?!” So we decided to get in line at 8:57pm for one last ride. That strategy worked well. We only waited about 30 minutes till we hit the first preshow. The advertised wait outside was 50 minutes. And to reiterate what many have said, it really is an amazing ride.

3 Likes

Another vote for riding twice, but also modify plenty on the day. You might be lucky enough to catch a dropped FPP. We were very lucky on our first Pandora day to ride it 3x - RD, FPP then SD FPP. Best ride ever!!!

3 Likes

We just got back from our trip two days ago. We rope dropped FOP on an EMH morning. We got to the park about 7:15, were into the park at 7:30, and off of FOP by 7:59. We love it, and the line after wasn’t bad, but we had a FP for later in the day. We still had time to ride Navi River, EE, Kali River Rapids and the safari, all without waiting more than 5-10 minutes, then did it all again using FP. Great day!

3 Likes

@amyrobertz1_787962 that is all great to know we are there next week and going on an EMH morning that starts at 7 with the main park opening at 8 was that the same timing for you or did you get allowed in half an hour before EMH?

On our AK day, the EMH started at 8:00 so we were there a bit early and they let us in early. When we went to HS, the EMH started at 7:00 and we were let in early there as well (we were probably at HS about 6:30, walked right into the park, and were walking to Toy Story Land by 6:45.) There were much fewer people at HS than I expected, and we were able to do so much before 8:00. Hopefully it’ll be the same for you!

Wow I was hopping that by using EMH I didn’t need to be at the park an hour to 30mins before opening maybe I should be re thinking that although I’m not sure I’ll be able to convince the rest of the family!
Fingers crossed what ever time we get there it will be better than arriving after everyone else!!