Review my AK TP please!

I’ve created a TP for AK. It will be our last day in the parks. It’s geared towards my 4 yo son (under 40"). I’ve gotten so much great help with all my other TPs, that I was hoping to get some help on this one too. I was curious if there is anything I should add or subtract from the TP. I was a bit curious if anyone can tell me about the Boneyard. I mainly put it on the TP because I thought there are usually character M&G’s there. Is that right?
https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3827714

1 Like

My first though is It’s Tough to be a Bug can be pretty scary for younger kids. If you go, get a seat right by the exit. If he shows any signs of being scared and starts crying, they will let you out. I know this from experience when my 6Yo daughter started crying when the spiders came down. The guy at the door was so nice though. He told us “They aren’t the first kids to cry and they won’t be the last.”

Other than that, looks pretty good. There may be some time you want to add in though for things like the Tam Tam drummers or other street shows. Those can be pretty neat.

1 Like

This plan is pretty solid. I did notice you have your lunch break for 12:30pm. However, you arrive at 12:48pm. If you are getting the message, ”The plan may have you arriving at a show, meal or break a little later than you’d prefer, but probably close enough.” this is way. Adjust lunch to 1pm to correct or rearrange previous steps

This is very true. Like Epcot’s World Showcase you will wander into amazing live entertainment in the parks. Of course, if this is not of interest, then you’re fine. (IMHO - my family will get sucked into at least one of these shows each day. I try to herd them…“stay on plan!”) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am very much this way. Except when I see the drumming shows. I have played drums for 33 years myself, so I always try to show the appreciation I have for them.

2 Likes

I think this looks pretty good. A few things to point out -

1. Prior to riding KRR you’ll likely want to store your stuff in the free lockers outside of the queue. I would make sure to keep in mind you’ll probably use up 3-5 minutes at the front end and back end of the ride doing that.

2. My 4 y/o LOVED The Boneyard in February but be warned…it’s super easy to lose track of your kid in there. There is only one exit, it has a gate and it manned by a CM but I didn’t like that I couldn’t always see her.

3. Up! and Finding Nemo back to back is a pretty solid chunk of time sitting down. Will your 4 y/o handle that ok? Or will they get squirmy and antsy? If you had to choose just one I’d pick Nemo. I haven’t bothered seeing Up since it seems to have such awful reviews but we all LOVE Nemo. It’s fantastic.

4. We love the trails at AK and tend to spend more time walking them than TP defaults to. I usually put it in twice or manually increase the time a bit so we don’t feel rushed.

2 Likes

Overall I think it looks good! I would skip tough to be a bug.

Might consider going to Rafiki Planet watch as well.

I also agree that the trails take longer than TP defaults to.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on 1-4. I did decide to cut out Up! and It’s Tough to be a Bug, so we have more time to wander the trails.

1 Like

Are there any street shows in particular that we should make a point to see?

1 Like

Yeah, I pulled that from our itinerary. I wasn’t too sure about Rafiki’s planet watch because it seems like it would take a large chunk of the day, and I’m not sure how much son would enjoy it.

As mentioned, I would see the Tam Tam drummers in Africa. I am biased because I have played drums most of my life, but I think most people enjoy this show.

1 Like