"Review and Confirm" email

So, we’re right around our 60 day mark from our March trip, and I got an email from Disney asking that I review their policies (fine) and confirm whether we’re going as planned, making changes, or cancelling.
To be honest. I don’t know! Right now, I’m making plans as if we’re going to go, but there will have to be a lot of things that fall into place for that to happen. Do I HAVE to do something with this email? Is there a deadline when I have to confirm?

1 Like

I think unless they’re changing the cancellation date, which how could they do that, then confirming is not locking you into anything. I think they’re just trying to gauge where things are at. They may have a large number of bookings for March, but are expecting a certain percentage to cancel. Maybe they’re trying to lock that down a little more? When is your cancellation date? I would think you could just ignore it, or say you’re going as planned if you still have some time to decide.

2 Likes

I don’t think their “confirm” email is a binding contract, unless it says explicitly that you are forfeiting your right to cancel in the small print (which I would assume it does not). So I wouldn’t worry one way or the other. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, that was interesting. Looks like they are trying to really understand their supply and demand, i.e. which reservations are ‘real’ and which are not. I assume in part to figure out whether to open a currently closed resort or not.

They had a note saying that even if you’re telling them you are cancelling you still need to take more steps in order to actually cancel your reservation. I expect the opposite applies too…if I say I plan to go, I am not making a final decision.

2 Likes

Prior to our trip I got that email multiple times.

If you do like me and do it all last minute like my last two trips you don’t get that email! Ha!

I think that these emails are to “nudge” the folks that are mostly planning to cancel or holding out false hope that they are going. Their cancellation policy hasn’t changed, just that they would prefer you cancel now so they know.

I’m inside 60 days but don’t remember that email. I need to go back and check for it. Maybe they’ll increase some hours!

Oh, I hope so!
I feel like maybe I’m one of those “holing out false hope” people, but I’m not ready to decide yet. Longer hours might push me further into the “go” camp.

1 Like