Returning to park after dinner reservation

We have a dinner reservation at Chef Mickeys at 5:30pm and will be leaving the park for this. How much of wait is there to get back into the park after our dinner? Are we talking a 30 min wait? We have FP for Buzz light year ride at 7pm. Is there enough time to get back for this.

A wait to get in? No wait at all. Just the time it takes to get back there and get through tapstiles

1 Like

As to your FPP you’ll end up on the back end of that but a 7pm (good til 8pm) FPP will be fine. I imagine you’ll be back in park by 7:30 at the outside

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe it would be closer to 7pm for our return for the FPP.

That depends on how long you spend in Chef Mickey’s. It is a big place, so it can take a while for all the characters to come round. And of course, in between coming to the tables and breaks, there’s the dancing too!

I would allow 90 minutes for any character meal to be honest. Especially now that I have literally just read that CM now has a “Create your own Mickey Waffle station”. That might even be enough for me to go back :joy:

Which is also why I wouldn’t book a PPO breakfast, (except possibly at H&V if I was going with small children who wanted to do Jedi Training).

2 Likes

It will not be difficult to get back into the park. The Contemporary has its own security checkpoint on the sidewalk that leads to the Magic Kingdom (if walking; if riding the Monorail, the checkpoint is at the entrance to the monorail station - a short walk from Chef Mickey’s). You will most likely be the only people in line. After that, you breeze through the tapstiles and you are on Main Street. Possibly a couple minute wait at the tapstile is all you will encounter.

3 Likes

Idk if this is typical, but we waited 70 minutes to be seated at Chef Mickey last fall. It was not a quick meal at all!

We waited at least 30 min to be seated too. You should allow 90 min once you are seated.

1 Like

Thanks all. Gonna check in 30 min early for a reservation. Hopefully they can get us in on time.