Return to the Mouse 2021

We have a trip upcoming 3/10 - 3/14 for my sons 13th birthday. Are there any rumors out there that I haven’t seen about park hours being extended? I saw recently they were extended in February, but I haven’t seen anything about after that. We love being in the park in the evenings and are hoping that they extend the park hours some. We’ll make do and have a great time no matter what though. Can’t wait to get back!

1 Like

Everything I am seeing indicates yes, they are extending park hours. They seem to be extending them about 3-4 weeks in advance so it should not be long until we know for sure about March.

3 Likes

HS just opened up additional dining reservations after 7pm in March, so that’s a good sign.

1 Like

Surprisingly, you can get a Prime Time reservation tonight for 7:45. HS is still currently closing at 7.

2 Likes

interesting you say that. I just grabbed a 7:50 at Sci Fi for 3/13. Park is supposedly closing at 7:00. Maybe my questions are already being answered :wink:

2 Likes

Woohoo, good grab! I thought they usually adjust hours first and then add ADR’s to fill the extra time a little later. I wonder if this automatically indicates HS closing will move to 8, or if there’s some other reason they are opening up a bunch more dining after closing? I don’t recall it playing out this way before.

1 Like

Just checked and looks like 50’s, Sci-Fi, and Oga’s changed closing time to 8, but all others and the park itself is still 7.

2 Likes

cool, if the hours don’t change it will be awesome to have that extra time in an empty park, but I suspect eventually they will extend. I also got a 7:50pm Sci Fi 3/20 (thanks to reservation finder alert at 2:11am this morning!) and I also grabbed a 7:50pm Oga’s another night the same week.

4 Likes

Regarding after hours ADRs - there have been reports of several TS places in the parks that have ADRs after the closing time. They exist, and let you enjoy exiting through a much emptier park. The park hours did not necessarily creep later to absorb them.

2 Likes

yes, this is true, but it was interesting that a whole bunch of them just dropped today that weren’t available before.

1 Like

Do you know what the bus situation is for this? Do they continue service that long after park close, or do you have to get your own ride home, so to speak?

1 Like

I believe that Disney has a policy of not leaving any guest stranded at a park after closing. Buses run for 60 (to 90?) minutes after park closing, and if you find a CM to talk to about your situation they will arrange for a bus (or something!). I don’t have any personal experience with this.

2 Likes

In November I had two after park closed ADRs. There was a CM at MK that asked where we needed to go (this was almost two hours after MK closed). He had a bus take us back to Pop. We had a 7:45 ADR at DHS when it closed at 7:00. We left the park around 9:00 and the Skyliner was running. Disney will not leave you stranded. They will summon transportation to get you back to your resort.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks @mkmuzzy and @JenniferB1975!

2 Likes