Return to the Magic Trip Report

Awesome, thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! We are at the airport now, will arrive in Orlando this evening. We were supposed to stay at the Cabins, but decided last week to change resorts as we were just in a cabin in Glacier NP. So Beach Club Villas it is. Glad you had a great trip, I hope my kids do as well with the masks as yours, 1 is headed off to college and the other will be a junior in high school, both will be wearing masks all day so they might as well get used to it now. If they can survive FL in a mask, they can easily survive school in one.

6 Likes

I enjoyed your trip report so much! Looking forward to your closing thoughts. Thanks for doing it!

2 Likes

Have a great time!

1 Like

Thank you! Feels crazy that we are leaving the beautiful summer in the Northwest with no/low humidity, for basically a swamp of high heat and humidity. The call of the Mouse is too great, I guess. :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s supposed to be pretty hot here this week, so maybe that’s a good time to be gone!

1 Like

Have a great trip! Please continue to keep us posted about how well (or not) guests are adhering to safety measures!

1 Like

Fab pics!

1 Like

My eyes are peeled for another trip report :eyes: :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, it is supposed to be miserable in Spokane this week. Stay cool!

1 Like

I sure will. I started a trip report titled Breaking News if you want to follow along.

3 Likes

Alright, back home. Before I get too much back in reality, I wanted to take a few minutes and post some general thoughts.

OVERALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
I’ll give Disney an A+ here. Really not sure how much they can do. Overall, my family felt safe and I felt those there for the most part played within the rules. The Airports were actually better than I was expecting. Masks are doable and you get used to them. Ear Savers are a MUST in my opinion. We had a neck fan, but didn’t use it much. Saved a couple possible melt downs though, so worth it. Try masks out before hand and know which ones you all like the best. I wouldn’t let the masks keep you away.

Ft. Wilderness
This was a first for us and a place we wouldn’t normally consider. We were moved from CSR to here. My overall thoughts are mixed. One thing I feel in the times of limited offerings is the Resort matter MUCH more! Your going to be there more, better like it and have amenities that fit your family. There is a lot to do here and I loved that the kids could go outside the cabin and mess around instead of being pent up inside. A golf cart or car is a must IMO. I personally wouldn’t consider this again without a golf cart…due to it, if I am paying normal cabin rates plus the golf cart, I would likely look elsewhere for the price. But for what we paid, it was great to experience and a good fir for the trip. Bus transportation to the parks was a non issue for us, we never had any issues. Boats were a little slow returning, but not too bad. Pool was small and felt a little crowded on Saturday when they reached capacity. This is the most basic of the moderate pools by far. Not much theming to this. The food is the big draw back and would probably keep me from coming back. The carry out play was adequate at best. Lack of easy transportation to other resorts limited options there too. Kitchen was nice, and we used for breakfast and the full fridge was great…but would rather be somewhere with more abundant food options.

Overall - Liked we tried it, but I doubt we will go back.

Wait Times - Oh My, this may make me spoiled. We felt like kids at a candy store with an unlimited budget…you could really do about what you wanted when you wanted with a couple exceptions. HS’s had ride outage issues the day we were there, but we still managed to get everything in. AK is as relaxing of a touring day as they come right now, rode FOP 4 times with virtually no waits…WOW. MK did feel more crowded the Sunday vs Monday, but still no issues getting what we wanted done.

Table Service - This may be a permanent change for us. We usually take mid day breaks…with that strategy kinda out, we opted for mid day in park table service restaurants for our breaks. LOVED IT! It was great to get out of the heat and enjoy a decent meal as a family. Many different experiences to be had, need to try more of them. This made up for the lackluster food at the resort.

Characters - The mini pop up encounters were GREAT. I liked the Cavalcades vs camping out mid day for a full parade. The catch here is you need to be around the routes enough to catch them and we were hit or miss on that front, but caught enough. I also liked there were some spots where characters appears at a distance. The best experience was the greeting and day end at magic kingdom. Mickey and gang is at the train station to welcome you and send you on your way at park opening and close. Nice way to start and end your day.

While no characters, AK gets a honorable mention on the way we were greeted at opening. I felt like we were walking a red carpet. The had CM’s lined up the walk way heading towards the front of the tree of life giving guests applause and thanking them for being there…kinda gave me goose bumps as I thanked them right back.

Overall, we had a magical time with no regrets. I’d do it again without hesitation.

32 Likes

Enjoyed your trip report, thank you for sharing

1 Like

Great trip report! Thanks!

1 Like

Can I just ask your opinion on what it’s like wearing masks whilst on rides ? do they stay in place if they’re the masks with ear loops?

Our Disney trip has been cancelled :cry: so we’re taking our boys to a theme park here in the UK but need to wear masks whilst on some of the roller coasters.

Sorry I missed this question. I had very little issue with this. While on RNRC, mine fell slightly, but just slid it back up. But never had our mask come close to coming off the ears. I will say. I used an ear saver most of the trip on mine.

We never had any issues with masks coming off on rides, and just used regular ear loop kinds.

The only coaster where my mask slipped a little was Everest Expedition.

1 Like

Amusement park coasters tend to be much faster (more like Hulk from IOA, etc) where the mask would be at greater risk than anything Disney throws at you. I’d definitely have a backup, and if you can secure the mask at all with more than just ear loops as a precaution, I would.

1 Like

Just caught up on all this (missed the live version because I saw something shiny, I dunno)

Looks like you had a great trip! Thanks for posting and taking us along!

3 Likes