Retirement/60th Birthday Celetration

Hello everyone. 60 years old on 1/21/2020; retiring 1/31/2020. I have 2+ weeks reserved in Ft. Wilderness for end of April, first of May to celebrate. Going to purchase annual pass so I can come and go as I please I have been lots of times since my first in 1974. Last time in 2018 with FOP. So I have done lots of stuff.

My question: If you were going to DW on the trip of a lifetime, what tours or special add ons would you do? What special stuff do you love? I’ll be there through Flower and Garden.

I am a privileged person, and I am looking forward to DW without time limitations. (I could move out of Ft. Wilderness and return when I want and extend my time).

Thanks all.

AG

celebration at the top. or my favorite splurge is sunday brunch at California grill. an after hours event. fire works dessert party, fireworks dessert cruise. wild Africa trek. Victoria and alberts…I’ve only done a couple of these. congrats on retirement and welcome to the sixth decade

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Dessert party, Tusker House, Sanaa, Homecomin’. Wild Africa Trek is on my wish list! Have a wonderful time!!!

2 Likes

Congrats!

Our wish list includes a fireworks cruise, Wild Africa Trek, and a VIP tour with a plaid. We loved MK DAH. Easy to walk on to many attractions while uncrowded and cooler out. And unlimited Mickey Bars. What more could you want?

I remember reading about a Master Gardener tour at F&G at one point. If that still exists it would also make it on my wish list. I would definitely book a PPO at Garden Grill so you can get into Epcot early and get some great pics of all the F+G pieces before there are a million people in the way. Behind the Seeds tour would be fun, too. Can you tell I like to garden?

Since you are at Ft. Wilderness you should do Hoop Dee Doo one evening. We love that corny show and the ribs.

3 Likes

Wild Africa Trek is awesome if you like animals. For dining, I would recommend any/all of the signature restaurants. V&A is the best of the best - and the Chef’s table even more so. The CR brunch sounds amazing, although I haven’t had a chance to try it myself.

2 Likes

One if my favorite tours was backstage magic. You get to go behind the scenes in Epcot and MK with lunch at Wispering Canyon. You get to go into the Utilidors

1 Like

Congrats!
For my 50th I did brunch at CG–it’s one of my favorite dining experiences at Disney. We also did WAT (it’s a birthday tradition in the family).
V&A would be a special dining experience.
For other signature dining I love Jiko.
The FOTLK tier 1 is awesome.

DAH is great but if you are getting an AP and will be there for two weeks I don’t think that would necessary. I would spent the money on a tour.

1 Like

We did behind the seeds tour this past summer and loved it very much. Sunday brunch at CG was a wonderful way to end our trip also.

3 Likes