Retired Rides are now?

Well, you’re going to love the newest changes then… the women aren’t auctioned off anymore. The pretty woman is now a pirate and they are auctioning off stuff. I get it, but the joke was that no one wanted the chubby girl because the beautiful one was next in line. Just change it up already, instead of watering it down.

I think that that applies to pretty much all the “updates” they have done to FW attractions. It is a sad shell of its former self…

1 Like

The first “PC” change they made to the ride was with the “chase” scenes. In the original version there were two “turntables” with pirates chasing women, and the third one, which was the “punchline”, was a woman chasing a pirate with a rolling pin. Now it’s all women chasing pirates.

1 Like

Wow, how very PC. Let the women do all the chasing. :roll_eyes:

I took my 4 year old daughter on Dinosaur thinking it was Universe of Energy based on my memories of Disney as a kid. It did not go well.

2 Likes

Oh. No.

1 Like

Oops!!

1 Like

Bet you got a great ride photo, though. :wink:

2 Likes

And this is why I’m asking this question! I’d be likely to do the same thing.

I have kids who LOVE dinosaurs. And we will be skipping Dinosaur this trip and saving it for when they are older!

We didn’t get a ride photo and I’m assuming it’s because the ride broke down while we were on it.

This was already a pretty horrible situation as my daughter was crying hysterically during the ride - the ride I assumed was the Energy ride. AND she really wanted to do Primevel Whirl and I was all like, “let’s just do this first! I loved this as a kid!”

While on the ride, it stopped and the lights came partially on. I’m explaining to her that it’s not real, nothing is real, and look, the dinosaurs are just robots.

SPOILER ALERT the dinosaurs which are, again, not real aren’t even fully costumed robots! We were parked next to a Dino that was only dinosaur from the waist up. The bottom part was a frame contraption. The dinosaur made small side to side movements. This was actually somehow scarier and did not help the situation. The ride was stopped for about 10 min.

After the horrible experience, it turned out she was too short for Primevel Whirl. I really, really hate roller coasters, but felt so awful that I suggested we check out Everest, which she was tall enough to do. She LOVED it and I kept my eyes closed the entire time.

It’s been 7 years and neither of us have been on Dinosaur since.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience when I rode it with my wife.

:smiley:

Wait, she could go on Everest, but not Primeval Whirl? I thought Everest was the more ‘wild’ of the two rides.

Everest is a great coaster. Not really wild, but high action. Primeval Whirl has a height limit due to the design of the ride and the way the restraints work, not because of the age target. Frankly, the Primevel Whirl is overall tame (although might be called by some “Primeval HURL”), but the restraint system doesn’t fit young kids well. Everest was designed to fit a much broader range of sizes, including very young kids.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what surprised me, because my DS who hates wild coasters (ie: Everest) loves Primeval Whirl. But my kids are older.

I believe Primeval Whirl actually has the tallest height restriction of any of the WDW rides oddly enough.

1 Like

I must agree! When I went as a 7-year-old girl in the late 80’s Horizons was by far my favorite experience. I wanted to ride it over and over until I got to complete each ending sequence. I think there were 3 or 4 you could choose from. Man, I really miss that ride!

1 Like