Restaurant recommendations

Ok, so we have a while to decide, but can’t help myself and want to start planning now, so looking for restaurant recommendations.

We’re (DH, DD9, DS5) going August 2016 staying at BC and will have 14 TS credits. Last year we ate at CP, Tutto Italia, B&C, CRT, H&V, sci-fi, TH, via Napoli, mama melroses, HDDR, garden grill and LTT.

Where would you recommend we go next time (no signatures or family dining please)?

TIA

Family Dining as in shared food or no shared tables? I was going to suggest BG.

1 Like

Definately BG; you may have to share a table, but it’s a buffet, not “family dining” (where they bring platters to the table and everyone helps themselves). Very authentic German food and a very good show. Kids might enjoy San Angel Inn, especially if you get can get a table by the water. Adults can get a margarita from La Cava while you’re there. Teppan Edo is decent food and the “show” of making it is entertaining (although probably no better than a teppanyaki reataurant you may have in your home town).

50s PT in DHS can be a lot of fun, even if the nostalgia may be lost on the kids. Excellent fried chicken (and I live in the South). Y&Y at AK has good food and is very nicely decorated. The seared ahi salad is one of my favorite meals in WDW.

Sanaa at Kidani in AKL is one of my favorite TSs in WDW. Excellent food and fun to watch the animals while you eat. I prefer lunch due to daylight considerations. Boma (Jambo House) is also good; HUGE buffet with everthing from semi-authentic African dishes to chicken nuggets. Personally I like Sanaa much better, but I’m generally NOT a buffet person.

Raglan Road in DTD is another of my favorites; everything from “pub grub” to steaks/chops/seafood, large beer and whiskey selections, and great music/singing/dancing in the evenings.

There are others, but these come to the top of my list…

1 Like

Biergarten, Crystal Palace, Tusker House.

1 Like

I’ve been making my list already too!

I have got CP, Tusker House, Sci Fi, 50s, Biergarten, LTT, 1900 PF so far.

1 Like

No shared food. He doesn’t really like shared tables either, but he’ll get over that :wink:

1 Like

You’ve reminded me of some of the ones that we nearly went to last time. Thank you

1 Like

1900PF is one I’m looking at too

Edit: I think we may end up back at CP breakfast on our first day again as I loved the breakfast lasagna

2 Likes

We really enjoyed La Hacienda - upscale Mexican food (definitely NOT Taco Bell), plus we were able to watch Illuminations from our table.

I agree. I think La Hacienda has much better food than San Angel, and if you’re lucky enough to get one of the few window tables, it is a good view of IllumiNations.

I’d recommend Kona breakfast (Tonga toast! It’s prob the only Superfan cult Disney food that I love), Boma dinner (this buffet is my favourite meal on property - and oops, I forgot it has Zebra domes - the other cult Superfan food that I love), and definitely Cape May Cafe if you are staying at the Beach Club - I’ve only done breakfast there (it was really good), but dinner gets good reviews, so is on my list for next time.