Resorts not getting room requests?

I think you are heavily mistaken. I lurk on this site quite a bit and have noticed several complaints about using the Touring Plans to get the rooms they wish. Very few indeed that I have seen out here have even came close to their requests. Secondly I have asked at different resort where we have stayed if they have anything for a room request from touring plans and the overall response is NO. As far as determining room requests 30 days out, I have been assured that they are assigned no more than two weeks out and generally one. Now about not being able to call the resort directly. I have a Pop Century business card in my wallet given to me at the desk at Pop Century. I just used it a week before my last stay and got a CM at none other than Pop Century. As stated I requested the 60’s building close to a room we stayed at 6 months before. We did NOT get that exact room again but ratter the same building and floor. This is my experience of which I have shared. You may think differently, but what I stated was a fact.

Since June 2021 I have made 7 room requests. Five of the rooms have been honored. Twice at Boardwalk I requested rooms in the Village Green area and I did not get that request honored. I know that is a very popular request. I did get the Village green once.

I only make room requests through Touring Plans. I have also not made requests at all for some trips because of the room I booked, for example a woods view at POR.

Not everyone has had your experience. You are entitled to your opinion but my experience is not as you state.

4 Likes

I didn’t say your experience wasn’t true. In what way do you think I am mistaken?

What I’m saying is that some people do get what they want by using Touring Plans. I got exactly what I asked for, I didn’t request it any other way.

I also said TP email in 30 days ahead, not that they start then. At least I don’t think I did.

2 Likes

And TP email then because Disney specifically asked them to.

3 Likes

You questioned my experiences and I simply stated where I believed you were wrong such as contacting the resort directly. Everyone has their experiences with some good and some not so good. I stated what our experience with Touring plan room request has been though others may see it differently. Touring plan room request have NOT worked well for us and I am not trying to mislead anyone about what I have been told by CM’s at different resorts. I am simply giving those out here another option if room request is not working for them. If you feel it works well for you use it as I am not trying to cut Touring plans down. Here I am. I use Touring Plans for some things otherwise I would not subscribe to this site. Did not mean to raise anyone’s fur.

Ummm, I started my post with

Yet you said I am “heavily mistaken”. The only thing that I could be mistaken about is the call centre. Now here’s my experience on that.

Whilst at Bay Lake I called the resort when my laundry came out of the in-room washer stained brown / yellow. The water in the taps (faucets) was coming out brown. So I called the front desk. I got a “it’s no big deal” response.

Naturally I went down to the front desk and was very unhappy. Their reply to me was “Ah, that message hasn’t come through yet, when did you call?”. They were the ones that told me that both “front desk” buttons and the “direct resort” numbers are handled by call centres who use instant messaging to pass the issues through. That however was in 2016.

As I said before, your experience is perfectly valid. Mine is different.

However I am glad you are not dissing Touring Plans.

3 Likes

I have had some similar experiences at resorts and have been told the same thing. I see where you got the idea you cannot get a hold of the resort direct. So here’s a option that I now use. Wherever you stay, ask for the resorts information card from a CM. That’s what I used the last trip and got directly to a CM at my chosen resort.

1 Like

Even if you have a phone number that “goes to the resort” I personally still believe at best, it is a dedicated resort line, not at the resort.

Where are the resort offices? They used to be right behind the check in areas? I don’t think I have heard a phone ring in almost 20 years?

1 Like

My experience is very different from yours. I’ve made requests for certain buildings, not certain rooms, 8 times at Pop. I’ve made the request through TP only. I’ve gotten that request all 8 times. I’ve made TP requests for a range of about 6 rooms at WL twice and have gotten rooms in that range both times. If people go in thinking they are going to get a certain room by requesting, they will be disappointed. I make notes of why I want a specific location, and they seemed to be honored. I’m sorry that you haven’t been as lucky.

5 Likes

Ok say your right and my phone call did not go directly to the resort desk. Either way I got what I was looking for and that has NOT been the case for me via touring plans request. Now standing before a CM at POR, CBR, and Poly, I have been told each time that they know nothing of Touring plan request and have found NO special request on our reservations for respective resorts. What am I to think? This is the card I now use. the inked in number is my room request.

1 Like

Thank you. You have did well. Now if you would when you go to the check-in desk please ask if this request shows up on your reservation. I have been told multiple times that my TP request have not. Not one time have I gotten a CM to say, “Oh yes, here it is on your reservation”. Let me be clear, I am NOT trying to diss TP reservation request system. I have stated what has happened to me and my wife, that is all. If you are that successful with TP’s room request I would definitely go that route. I have simply given another option that has worked for me.

I will give you a specific example of a CM referencing my Touring Plans request. At BLT the desk CM said to me “I see you requested a room with a list of alternates. We cannot give you the specific room, but we can give you one of the alternates with the same view”.

This was my lake view request:

I will say that I think deluxe resorts seem to be much better at this.

8 Likes

Maybe that’ it. Staying at a Deluxe resort. In my coming WDW reservation this late August, I will check again. Will give TP another try. Sure doesn’t hurt. I used to stay at Intermediate resorts such as PoR and CBR but no longer do so since Pop Century Skyway goes directly to Epcot and HS. My wife and I spend little to no time at the resort other than to sleep therefore the extra expense make no sense to us. Thanks for your responses.

3 Likes