Resort recommendations - Poly, AKV, AoA?

I’m a newbie to WDW. We are a family 4 (kids 10 and 7), travelling with another family of 4 in Jan 2023. We are staying 5 nights at OKW, 5 nights at BW (both booked with DVC points) and want to add on an additional 3 nights to spread the trip out a bit more. We are considering Poly, AKV or AoA, but happy to hear other suggestions from those with experience.

Looking for something different, kid-friendly and a good place to end our trip. Ideally we’d rent DVC points to book. Haven’t seen any available for Poly - do they come up?

I’ve fallen in love w/ the Poly and think it’s very kid friendly. Yes, nights pop up when you stalk the site for them. be sure to check early morning, evening and in the middle of the day too. I’ve seen the most drops occur in the evening. Good Luck!

1 Like

Which site(s) do you recommend using for renting points? My friend did the other bookings.

1 Like

I’m sorry I misunderstood. I’m a DVC owner and was talking about stalking the owner site. I’ve never purchased DVC points from another owner, but I’ve heard really good things about Dave’s. Hopefully, someone else will chime in about watching for points to pop up. In the meantime I’d try to book AoA. I’ve not stayed there but have wanted to b/c of the cool pool. It’s beautiful at night (I’ve walked through once while staying at Pop).

1 Like

Ive stayed at all 3. Poly can be a tough find for points but it’s awesome and absolutely is the best choice. Ive rented from dvc rental store and private owners and had s good experience but you can also book on disney’s site. AoA vs AKL is hard because AKL is the better resort by far but the skyliner at AoA is hard to beat!

2 Likes

Thanks @vcka. Perhaps you can help clarify something for me, when using this website to see room locations/views at Poly, are the standard view/deluxe studios the same as the ones you rent with DVC points (assuming that is the type of room you select)? Or are the DVC rooms different?

It looks like standard view/deluxe studios are available at Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago.

Yes, I’m inclined to book Poly now thru Dave’s. Looks fantastic! Thanks @FOMOm_VA

Just a terminology note here, if you mean that you are going to pay someone to use their points just for your stay, that is referred to as “renting.” Buying points implies that you are signing a contract to own the points for the duration of their life (which can be 10-30 years or so).

I assume you are planning to “rent”?

2 Likes

All deluxe studios are the same or DVC rooms. and you can use the room finder

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification @Jeff_AZ. I’ve corrected my posts above. Yes, I’d like to rent points for the booking.

1 Like

I highly recommend David’s. The only caveat is that all transactions are final - no refunds if you cancel. You should insure your trip if that concerns you.

If you go through DVC Rental Store, which is the other big player, they allow cancellations (with some caveats - make sure to read the fine print), but cost more, so you are basically paying for insurance.

If you need a Dedicated Reservation (specific room/ dates that are hard to get), there are several other providers that are all reputable, so search around if there is something you want in particular.

2 Likes

Just put in the request thru David’s for Poly. Thanks all.

2 Likes

100% for me it’d be AKL-Kidani. Hands down it’s my favorite. You cannot beat watching zebras chase antelope/deer things in the morning from your balcony. One of the best experiences of my life…and it’s a nice relaxing end to a long vacation.

*I will say I’ve only ever stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite when it was brand stinking new and eaten at Poly, never stayed. I’m not a super big fan of the main area of Poly; it does not compare to the actual Hawaiin and French Polynesian trips I’ve taken and I prefer RP at Universal for the lobby area.

3 Likes

You will not regret going for Poly! It is a beautiful resort with a great location. AKL is good, too, though. :wink:

3 Likes

Poly is the easy choice. The only issue is you will wonder why you didn’t stay there for your entire trip, but you will end on a high note! Enjoy!

2 Likes

I am on the hunt to rent some Poly points… PM me if you have some to share :wink:

Also, happy to accept recommendations for other resorts that are kid-friendly! We’re considering French Quarter and Bay Lake.

1 Like