Resort recommendations and travel agencies

Howdy folks! The fam and I just returned home from a 7 night stay at Disney (5 nights at Contemporary and 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside). We had a fabulous time and are already planning our next trip. Our flight out of Orlando was delayed 6 hours and we received a travel voucher for flights within the next year, so of course we are thinking of traveling to Disney again. I’m curious whether you go through a travel agent to book your trips or if you book them yourselves? Also, I’m wondering which resorts are most highly recommended for adults vs. adults and kids? We are still up in the air about whether this will be an adults-only trip or if we will bring along the kiddos. Thank you for all your help!

I love to plan! I love to make reservations, dining, fast passes. I will usually book my own trips but I will use an agent for an agency exclusive discount . Touring plans did a blog post on why many of us will check the MVT rates. Here is that Post.

2 Likes

Hi, I have did my own planning for years now. I watch for specials such as the Fall free dinning plan and the Spring Stay, Play and Dine Special. On-line you can build your own package or go with Disney,s. I quite travel agents because they don’t like to deal with Airline flights and want you to book immediately for both flight and your Disney Vacation. I tried Small World Vacations as recommended by UOG but they were this way. I wanted an Agency that would watch for specials on both Airline and Disney Vacation Packages. Not to be. Want immediate booking for both and said if a special came up in the future they would TRY to get it applied to my booking. Must easier these days to act as your own agent and make up your own Disney Vacation. On-line you can book what you want, when you want, and with the special happening at time of booking. DocHopper