Resort competition

Not sure where to put this but with all the discuss of lost perks for staying on site this is interesting news:

A Billion-Dollar, 10,000 Room Resort Is Being Built Next Door to Disney World! | the disney food blog

I saw a different article about this. I will be curious if prices are affordable… but I’m not holding my breath. Looks like a fancy place, which I’m sure people will enjoy.

2 Likes

hmmmm, with all the resort guest benefits disappearing at WDW and more options elsewhere Disney will have to find a way to up its game. I don’t know how they will accomplish that by playing the ‘minus’ game. I already feel unwelcome as a local. Now, Universal is very welcoming to locals. But I digress… this new resort looks like it might help w/ families of ‘5’ etc. something Disney doesn’t address in an affordable way

1 Like

10,000 rooms?! My brain just exploded.

2 Likes

Yes, I totally agree! Assuming it’s reasonable compared to just renting a house or something. The proximity to the parks is very nice.

1 Like

Yes… that is remarkable!!!

No kidding! That’s like 4 Pop Centuries all crammed together.

1 Like

I wonder if they will offer free transportation to the parks? I looked on their website, but couldn’t find anything.

1 Like

The article I read said 10,000 bedrooms so including 5-11-bedroom vacation homes. But still!!

1 Like

oh… that’s a nice frame of reference :wink:

Here is their website

Wow, that looks amazing! Thanks for providing the site link!

Hmm. I feel bad for the folks who bought homes for the purpose of renting out. Not only due to COVID, but if something like this opens up, it will make it hard for those folks to survive. I can imagine seeing a significant drop in real estate value in the Orlando area in the next few years.

I did think of that as well… there are a lot of gated communities that are rental neighborhoods. We actually looked at a wonderful home to buy for our FT residence, in this category, that was 20 min from AK. We reconsidered due to the ‘neighborhood’ i.e. how much partying would be going on… noise etc.

1 Like

But, good for those of us would be the renter.

This does seem like mostly more vacation homes, though, with one hotel.

1 Like