Resort Check-in Times and Park Admission

Okay, we are staying at Pop Century for our trip. Before the first day, we are going to be over at Cocoa Beach. We plan to drive over before rope drop the first day. So we want park admission before resort admission? How do our bands work if we haven’t checked into the resort? We are perfectly fine with leaving our stuff in our van until we take our afternoon break. How does one approach this? I got my notice today that I can start online Check-in. This will be oir first ever stay on-site and with magic bands.

On line check in will work. If you have tickets linked to you MDE account, and a Magic Band also linked, you can tap into a park. When you check in on line, sign up for room ready text. They will send you a room number, when it’s ready, and you won’t have to go by the front desk at all.

Would I call the desk if I want to wait for a requested room?

It’s far easier to use TouringPlans’ “Request a room fax” feature. There are basically 3 important things to note:

1. Putting in “First available room” will override any other room requests you’ve made, so if you’ve got other preferences, don’t do this. Since it looks like you’ll be in the parks, waiting until your requested area is fulfilled shouldn’t be a hassle.

2. Don’t put conflicting requests in MDE/Online check-in and the TP Fax - that will just confuse the room assigners.

3. When using the “select a room/fax a reservation” feature, in the additional notes, include the why you want a particular room. Because the specific room you’re looking for may be already occupied by a guest who arrived on prior days, giving the assigner the rationale for your request will give them a chance to give you most of the features you’re requesting. Since rooms are assigned a few days before arrival, the assigner will have preselected you a room based upon this fax, which you’ll be able to wait for until it’s cleaned and ready.

Hope these help.

3 Likes

I usually put my preferences in order - like (for my upcoming CSR stay)

1st - Refurbished room
2nd - Corner Room
3rd - Top floor

That way they know to start with the 1st priority, then go to the 2nd, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! This helps so much! I did have a room request selected but did not add anything to the notes. Thanks so much!

Do you also put in the room location requests on MDE or just leave those blank? I know we want a top floor and refurbished room as well. Not sure if I want a corner or not. I want one that doesn’t get blocked by a big piece of decor.

Can[quote=“MouseGirl42, post:4, topic:45843”]
It’s far easier to use TouringPlans’ “Request a room fax” feature. There are basically 3 important things to note:

Putting in “First available room” will override any other room requests you’ve made, so if you’ve got other preferences, don’t do this. Since it looks like you’ll be in the parks, waiting until your requested area is fulfilled shouldn’t be a hassle.

Don’t put conflicting requests in MDE/Online check-in and the TP Fax - that will just confuse the room assigners.

When using the “select a room/fax a reservation” feature, in the additional notes, include the why you want a particular room. Because the specific room you’re looking for may be already occupied by a guest who arrived on prior days, giving the assigner the rationale for your request will give them a chance to give you most of the features you’re requesting. Since rooms are assigned a few days before arrival, the assigner will have preselected you a room based upon this fax, which you’ll be able to wait for until it’s cleaned and ready.
[/quote]

I would add a 4th rule.

Never add a negative request. It is easy for it to be mis-read, and you may end up with exactly what you don’t want.

• for example, if you enter “not top floor” and whoever reads or transcribes that sees it as “top floor” then you’re snookered!

Make that 5 rules…:wink:

Remember they are requests and not everyone will get what they want.

2 Likes

If there is something that meets my other requests yes. I think I put highest floor and upper floor this time. If the MDE requests would contradict what I am requesting on the fax I leave them blank.

1 Like