Reserving only one FastPass for DHS in advance

I am planning going to DHS on a CL 8 day (the lowest during my trip), and I was thinking about this strategy. Once my FastPass day comes (staying onsite), I’ll book just one FastPass (probably Slinky) for the first hour of park open. Then, I’ll take advantage of FP drops (haven’t used them before but have read about it) and try to get other Tier 1 FPs. Is this an effective strategy? The only Tier 2 FP ride I am considering is Star Tours, but that isn’t projected to go over 40 mins per Touring Plans.

If you are not park hopping, you must “use” one Tier 1 and two Tier 2 before you can pick up more Tier 1 FPP, one at a time.

3 Likes

Last Friday, CL10 we used 7:05 ST, 8:10 SDD and 9:10 VLM. We were ready for the 9:31 drop.

3 Likes

Aw dang. I’m fine with using an FP on Star Tours but having to use one on an attraction I don’t care about or something you can always walk up to is really annoying.

If you don’t want to go to the attraction, you can just tap in.

1 Like

Exactly, we had no intention of seeing VLM. Actually the 9:30 show was cancelled but we asked to tap in anyway to clear it. In an odd turn of events, MDE went berserk and sent us multiple sets of 4 replacement FPP over the course of the rest of the day. Sadly they were not good for Toy Story Land or Galaxys Edge. We ended the day with 72 FPP that went unused.

2 Likes

We would have loved for MDE to go berserk like that! Did you transfer them to another park for the next day?

I didn’t, as they were obviously a mistake and not legit. Would have liked to though!!

Impressive!

In Nov this was my plan (times approximate)
9:30-10:30 SDD
10:30-11:30 ST (tap in)
11:30-12:30 Muppets

As soon as we tapped in for SDD we moved up ST so that we could go immediately there. After tapping in (I didn’t want to ride) we moved up muppets to an immediate time. Tapped in there probably around 10:30. We saw this show and I got another FP for TSMM. Whatever time the drop was (I can’t remember) I got SDD.

You have to use both of the Tier 2 FPP to get another Tier 1. Once you’ve booked and used the initial three FPs, there are no tier rules at all as you get more of them one at a time.

If there aren’t Tier 2 attractions you actually want to see you can “tap in” outside the attraction, but not actually enter. If you book Tier 2 FPP and don’t use it, the FPP should expire. However, the system is inconsistent. They don’t always delete after the time has passed. Best chance of the expired FP falling off is booking them in times prior to the Tier 1 and being physically in the park during the FP window.

If you are park hopping and pre-book less than three FPs, as soon as you tap into the first FPP, you can immediately book your remaining ones (taking you up to three) at any park. You could also cancel one or two existing ones and do the same.

For park hopping, there are no tier rules across parks, only within a park.