Reservations made from banked points

New DVC owners here; I want to make sure that we are doing this correctly.
Please let me know if anything below is incorrect.

We have 110 2019 points (December Use Year) with a Home Resort of BLT.
These 110 points are good for trips from Dec 1, 2019 - Nov 30, 2020.
We have until July 31, 2020 to bank our 2019 points.
If banked, they are then good for Dec 1, 2020 - Nov 30, 2021 reservations.
We want to bank those 110 points from 2019 and use for our late May 2021 reservation.

We can bank them right before our 11 month mark in June, 2020 and then use them in a May, 2021 reservation right away??

A big thank you to our DVC Resale Market agent, Andy. He spent a lot of time with us covering the ground on how cancellations worked with DVC and what the best Use Year for us would be (we determined it was ideally Feb, but Dec was okay (we ended up with Dec for reasons beyond this post). However, we didn’t think all that much about making a reservation (we already had our 2020 reservations booked at the time).

I’m confused but I will try

You have to bank the points by 7/31/20.

They then are, in essence/for usability purposes, 2020 points and can be used from 12/1/20-11/30/21

Once banked, they can be used for booking at your 11 month mark (from Date of travel)

You cannot bank then forward a second time.

Once you bank then forward they stay there and cannot be brought back to 2019.

On 11/30/21 they will expire if they have not been used

Does that help?

2 Likes

You will be able to bank them during the transaction to book your May 2021 travel (if you are booking 11 months prior). When you go to book, it will show you that the room you want costs (example) 200 points and here are all of your points from each use-year. Then it will ask if you how you want to get to the 200 points, if you want to bank or borrow, etc. Then you will confirm 5 or 6 times, because banking and borrowing are final.

2 Likes

Yes, this helps, thank you both!
I was concerned that there might be some restriction on immediately putting banked points into a reservation.