Resell and transfer of a park ticket? Can this be done?

So due to some circumstances beyond our control, we have someone that is no longer going on our trip in September. We already purchased their ticket so we now have one that may go unused.

Has anyone ever resold their ticket to someone, linked accounts and then transferred that ticket to the person that purchased it? Is that even possible to do and if so, are there any pitfalls I’m not thinking of?

I would like to be able to get some money back from the ticket while also making sure that someone is able to use it.

Were tickets purchased separately from the hotel?

Yes, we bought discounted tickets separate from our rooms.

If you click on the ticket on that person’s name, if it gives you the option “Reassign Ticket” then you should be able to transfer it to someone else linked as friends and family from the way that I understand it. While those tickets may expire, the value of those tickets can later be applied to a new ticket purchase.

4 Likes

I agree with that. You can even make up fake names, such as Alpha Dog or One One, just to have a place to park the unused ticket in a way you won’t risk it being used by someone in your group who already has a ticket. Later, you can move it from Alpha Dog to a real person.

3 Likes

I can definitely reassign it. If we do nothing with it, and it sits there unused, does it retain the original value forever or do we need to re-apply that value to a new ticket every year until it is used? If it retains it’s value then I may not be as worried about it.

1 Like

It will definitely retain its value, but it may deop off your MDE account so be sure to keep that confirmation number somewhere safe.

2 Likes

Yes, it keeps its value.

I have some old, old tickets that I was able to get converted into newer ones that are now in my MDE account. They are just sitting there, waiting. I just checked (it’s been a couple of years since I last looked) and they are still there. Thanks, @LTinNC82 for the reminder to keep an eye on them.

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks for all of the info everyone! It definitely puts my mind at ease that I don’t have to try and sell it before the trip.

1 Like

You can ask at GS for a refund. They have given me a Gift Card for the value before, granted it was an after 1:00 ticket, so low value. But worth asking!

3 Likes

We’ve done this as well. We brought a bunch of DD’s friends one year and one of them backed out last minute. We went to GS at the park and they were able to convert the full value into a gift card.

4 Likes

Thanks @heathernoel and @dianelynn , this may be the route I try and take. :grinning:

3 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes