Reopening Limited Experience

Disney also says that attendance will be limited; in fact, I suspect they already have more reservations for people staying on-site than they will be able to accommodate in the parks. So there won’t be “deals” due to very limited capacity.

I’ll bet that guests with resort reservations will get first crack at reserving a spot in a park, much like on-site guests get to book FastPasses 60 days in advance. Wouldn’t be surprised that if you have FastPasses for a park, you may already have your spot in that park reserved.

2 Likes

We had plans to do a day at TL during our July trip so I am anxiously awaiting news about the water parks too.

1 Like

If I were inclined to accept the diminished experience at the full price and become an “early adopter” by attending in mid July, I would have concerns about the stability of the plan.

If I arrive under the expectations of Plan A, and it becomes untenable and Morphs into a more restrictive Plan B, what would my options be?

1 Like

We have a December trip. But . . . it’d be cool to go in July or August simply to say we’d been there then. Early on.

There’s another thing about opening 6 weeks from now, aside from watching Universal and Sea World. Here in Missouri, on Monday we’re in Phase 2, or so I hear. Where will we be in mid July? Maybe by 11 July, some of the mitigation plan will have been shown to be unnecessary. Maybe some states go through their phased openings and numbers don’t increase.

We’re booked at Wilderness Lodge 7/27-8/03. We have APs, so I really don’t mind going with the restrictions in place. The thing that actually bums we out the most is limited park hours, but I understand why they’re doing it that way.

We also booked this trip when our April trip was canceled to take advantage of the free dining recovery offer. The thing that really stinks is that I tried to change it last week to a different resort and shave two days off, but they wouldn’t allow it. So, now I’m stuck with what I’ve got without the ability to change anything about my reservation. And TBH, with the reduced experiences, I don’t want to do 7 nights anymore. I’ll be interested to see how this reservation system works, but it may be better for us to cancel and go later.

1 Like

Per my thread I’m pretty sure MNSSHP is going to be cancelled.

I really struggle with you, sometimes, @ryan1. You haven’t even seen HEA have you?

To be fair to @ryan1, I was just there a year ago and I’ve never seen it either.
We’re rarely in the parks after 5-6 PM.
The last fireworks show I saw was Wishes, (back in the year of a million dreams, lol) and only because we’d rented a fireworks cruise with a couple from Wales that we were friends with from The Dis.

You and me both. I am still depressed about my disastrous try on January 26 and now no chance at a redo in sight!

2 Likes

To be fair, I’m an HEA obsessive. I think it’s mind blowing.

4 Likes

And that’s why they make menus! :blush:

I saw half of it. But I didn’t enjoy it due to the horrific crowds.

2 Likes

Ditch your family and book a dessert party.

2 Likes

My people!!!

It is an option for the December trip with just my wife.

1 Like

Good. I strongly recommend the After Party.

1 Like

We are booked at BLT for 7/17 for 9 days. Its rented DVC points with no travel insurance so it is now use it or lose it. I realize it is going to be a scaled down experience but it still is Disney World. We’ve got some amazing ADR’s and so I plan to make this one food centric!

1 Like

I’m agreeing with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building based on the changed hours since I posted this. I just canceled our September trip. We were flying down for two nights and it was for an all day EMM through MNSSHP day at the MK hurrah.

1 Like

When I originally asked the question I was wasn’t 100% certain if I would go without parades/fireworks/characters while having to pay full price. I’m still unsure. Now, I get shorter hours too??!!??

Hopefully, it’s a opening weekend issue and not indefinite.

1 Like

Yeah I was pretty much in cancel mode… Then I saw the 7 pm close… I think we are out. Going to wait until the email comes out for sure, but can’t see where we think it will be worth it for us. I think we will just wait for June 2021.

Might still go to Orlando with the airfare we have, but will just relax at a resort or grab a car and drive to the beach for a week. Just need a relaxing week somewhere.

2 Likes

I’m OK with the limited experiences. I figure it’ll be unlike any other Disney trip I’ve ever taken! I’m interested to see how it all pans out.

3 Likes