I’m mulling over all of our options for a potential trip end of May/beginning of June 2020, and I’m considering renting DVC points vs. booking current rack rates through MVT in hopes that discounts or agency exclusive come later and also thinking through a package vs. room only and buying tickets through UT. Rather than hijacking another similar thread, I started this one. I’ve spent way too much time thinking about this already, so I’m getting my list of pros and cons down so that others can comment on anything I may have missed (I also have been thinking about offsite, but that would make this too long!). I realize some of these are subjective, and nothing is guaranteed.
- Preferred location (assuming I can get it)
- “Deluxe for the price of a moderate”
- No parking fees
- Have to be locked in now
- Pay now
- Not refundable unless I also buy travel insurance (though we may have some via a CC, will have to check)
- Can’t use Disney GCs (which I’ve bought at a discount) to pay
- Limited mousekeeping
- Kids would need to sleep on a pull-out couch, not a real bed
Book current rack rates with MVT in hopes of future discounts
- More flexibility, not locked in now
- Don’t have to pay in full now
- I can continue to amass discounted Disney GCs and pay with them
- Everyone gets a real bed
- Less preferred location
- Parking fees (or is MVT still exempt from paying?)
- No guarantee of a discount or agency exclusive…or if there is one, but not where I’ve already booked, I may have to pay more when switching (i.e. would tickets go up if I did a package at one resort now, but switched to another later?)
Booking a package with MVT
Same as above ^, but additional pro is that I lock in current WDW ticket prices.
However, if I decide to add dining later, does that change my package enough that I’d pay the current ticket and/or hotel rate?
Booking a room only with MVT and tickets through Undercover Tourist
- Best ticket prices now
- Locked in now
- Pay now
- Can’t pay with Disney GCs
From what I remember reading- if I get mailed tickets, not e-tickets, those are refundable, but once you link them in MDE, they aren’t, correct? Anything else between a mailed ticket and an e-ticket I should know?
That’s everything I’ve come up with so far…Am I forgetting something? What else would you add to any of the pro/con lists?