Renting DVC points for Dummies, please

Please bear with me. I know there have been lots of threads about this, but I have recently started considering renting DVC points and have what is probably a really stupid question.

How does WDW know that it’s me coming if I’m renting someone else’s points? As in, how does it know when I’m coming so I can make FPP at 60 days?

Thank you!

The owner of the points makes the reservation in your name. I’m going on rented points on 9/22(!!). I went through DVC Rental Store and they take care of all that through the owner of the points.

The owner gives you the reservation number, and you enter that into MDE.

For more info on renting DVC points, check out Tips For Renting Disney Vacation Club Points | TouringPlans.com Blog

Thank you both so much!

I just booked a trip this way and it seems to have worked perfectly. I used the reservation number and it popped right up in my MDE account with all of the correct names and everything.

Not to hijack your thread, but one question I have is about mousekeeping in a DVC rental. I know they don’t come everyday, but I read somewhere that you can pay extra to have them come each day. Is that true and does anyone know how much?

1 Like

Yes it is true. According to DVCNews.com, the fees are as follows:

Trash & Towel:
Studio/Inn = $15 per service
One Bedroom = $20 per service
Two Bedroom = $25 per service
Treehouse Villa = $25 per service
Grand Villa = $35 per service

Full cleaning:
Studio/Inn = $30 per service
One Bedroom = $45 per service
Two Bedroom = $60 per service
Treehouse Villa = $60 per service
Grand Villa = $75 per service

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you!! I actually don’t need to have any cleaning done, but my mom who will be with us is very particular about getting housekeeping. Since she is paying, I am find with it. Presumably we can simply request it at check-in and pay for it ourselves?

Yes, just request it at the front desk.

1 Like

We rented for the first time for our second trip in Nov 12-21. I searched for an owner on DVC Boards and so far so good. We will be staying in a 1 bedroom at the Boardwalk. He made the reservation in our names and provided me the reservation #. I had no problem linking the reservation to our MDE and when we hit our 60 day mark I will be able to do our FPP. So excited!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums

1 Like