Renting a car...and then returning it

For our 2022 trip in December, we are likely going to fly into MCO and then rent a car for a couple of days, since we plan to first do a couple nights at Vero Beach, where we have some friends.

The plan would be then on our day of arrival to WDW to use the car to pick up groceries and such and, once we check in and unload our luggage, return the car on property at Disney (using Alamo?). We don’t need the vehicle on property the rest of the trip.

Has anyone returned a vehicle to the Car Care Center at Disney before? How annoying/difficult was it to then get back to your resort? From what I see, transportation from the CCC to the resorts is available (free?).

1 Like

I will be doing this in October. Renting it in Tampa just after noon, and returning it later that evening at the Car Care Center. Alamo was the most affordable and didn’t charge any one way/drop off fees.

I definitely can give you an update in October! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

One time a few years ago, I picked up in SC (for a vacation there) and dropped off at one of the Bonnet Creek resorts. I took an Uber back to WL after. It was easy, but CCC sounds even easier!

I have done it several times, most recently in January. It was easy peasy. They have a van and it took just a few minutes for them to check the car in, walk over to the van, and then drive me to the Dolphin. No charge to get dropped anywhere on Disney property.

1 Like

That’s good to hear! I was hoping that was going to be the case. My fear was that you’d return the car, and then have to wait an hour for a shuttle to get to you, and then you end up being the last one of 12 others being dropped off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There was no one else there at all, of course it was 6pm on a weekday during the middle of a pandemic. :smile:

1 Like

Already answered by others, but dropped off at CCC in 2019 after UOR and was immediately transported by shuttle over to POP. Just had to drive through MK gate in far left lane and say where I was going.

This year, I rented a car after WDW and it was far cheaper to lyft to a Kissimmee pickup spot than from CCC.

I’m trying to decipher what you mean by this.

I rented a car on the back end of the WDW stay this time, and didn’t use car care center, as it was cheaper to pick up from a regular place a few miles off property plus the lyft fee to get there.

Oh. I see. I was trying to tie what you said to dropping off not picking up a car! :blush:

How are you going on WDW vacations all the time now? There was this long period during the early years of my membership when you were endlessly talking about an upcoming big trip that was still years off. Now you’re there every five minutes. It’s annoying.

3 Likes

This is what happens when kids grow up and you’re not paying for their food and clothing anymore. New disposable income!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Unless you’re me. Bc my 22 year old and my 6 year old might never be independent. :unamused:

I dream about this future that awaits me in a few years. :grinning:

3 Likes

When I was younger (and way more naive, lol) I used to think about how we only had 2 kids and we had them young so we’d have so much time after they grew up and moved out.(My husband was 21 and I was 24 when we first had kids.)
Then I had a surprise kid at 41 and everything reset. And then bonus kid came with some surprises that led to oldest kid getting diagnosed and the realization that nothing was going to go the way we planned.
It’s all good, it’s just funny how life throws a wrench into your plans. I wouldn’t change it if I could.

3 Likes

That’s just bad planning.

1 Like

Bad “not planning” actually, lol.
Rhythm method my ass.

3 Likes

That’s what she said …

2 Likes

By my calculation, you and your husband have been doing it for (at least) 16 years. That’s just wrong. You can’t still be into each other after all that time.

2 Likes

:skull:

1 Like