Rental car preference from MCO

I need to rent a car from MCO but returning it to Ft. Meyers (RSW). Can anybody recommend a preferred agency over another? I don’t rent cars often enough to have a rewards program be a factor.

Are any lots closer to the terminal than others, either at MCO or RSW? I’ll probably be in more of a rush returning to Fort Meyers than I will be picking up from MCO.

Thanks!

Check carrentals.com for good pricing - they let you book without paying so if you find a cheaper price you can re-book easily. We booked a car through Firefly in Sept and had a good experience with them. Cheapest price for a small car that was in the terminal (so we didn’t have to take a shuttle anywhere), it was maybe a 5 min walk from baggage claim, just across the street to the parking garage. When we went to pick up there car there was no line, but the Alamo desk next door had a huge line and probably 30+ minute wait. The major names (Alamo, Hertz, Enterprise, etc.) are all in terminal, and the carrentals.com website tells you if you need to take a shuttle or not. I’m not familiar with RSW though so you’ll have to double check with them.

1 Like

Try Kayak as well. you want one that says IN TERMINAL. I would however suggest getting the rewards card for whatever one you use. They will sometimes upgrade you for just being a member and it is almost always free.

Also try expedia as an aggregate to find the company you want to go with. I almost always book directly through the individualcompany’s site as it causes less issues

1 Like

Make a reservation on http://www.carrentalsavers.com/ Then continue to check to see if the price goes lower. I stick with the major brands Budget & Avis (they don’t charge extra for a spouse to drive), or Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, National, Hertz… For me, they absolutely have to be at the terminal. Not a shuttle guy.

1 Like