Rent a car or call an Uber/Lyft from Sanford aiport?

I’m trying to decide between renting a car or using Uber or Lyft for our trip next month. We fly into Sanford on a Sunday around 2pm but have to fly back home at 6:30am, which stinks. Would Uber/Lyft be available this early? Any thoughts? We used a transfer company last time we flew into Sanford, which was a long time ago. Looking for some advice. :slight_smile:

Both are going to be expensive. Uber/Lyft is available all the time, though probably more limited during some parts of the overnight, but it will be a pretty penny to get you there. I just ran the quote and it is between 50-88 right now one way depending on your needs. This is probably also not a yielded rate - so it could be higher for the early ride.

I’d probably get a car.

1 Like

That’s kind of how I am leaning. I have never driven there as we just used Magical Express. I am a little apprehensive about getting there correctly, traffic, tolls, etc.

1 Like

It’s really easy. I had my Googlemaps on in the rental car and even driving at night it was not the least bit challenging. Do bring quarters for tolls and always get a receipt!

1 Like

This is GOOD to hear! Thank you so much for responding. I am at 30 days out now and getting a little nervous about this.

1 Like

We drive to Disney all of the time from SC. The drive is super easy, with manageable traffic. I highly suggest taking the toll road that begins around St. Marys. It is direct to Disney, easy to navigate and never super crowded. It costs money, yes, and may add a few extra minutes, but for me you can’t put a price tag on having a better driving experience. We mistakenly took I-4 and found that takes you through downtown Orlando - a much busier interstate with more stress.

2 Likes

Oops. I didn’t drive from Sanford. I drove from MCO.

1 Like

Oh perfect! I would not do well in downtown. Lol! Thank you very much!

Renting a car could be the best option?

We are flying into Sanford in June. Couldn’t resist the price of direct flight from PA. Renting a midsize car through Expedia for 9 days for only $250.

Then you control your schedule and have the car as a backup in case you need to run to store, etc.

Granted - we booked before the parking fees were introduced, so that didn’t affect us.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I think this is what we are going to do too!