Renewal of Cancelled AP

Also, they will remain intact if you had a package and cancelled that package, so no tickets at all. I finally cancelled them a few days before so someone else could pick them up, but they never disappeared on their own despite having no ticket media at all.

3 Likes

This makes me wonder if the park reservation availability calendar is accurate? I would guess there are still a lot of people cancelling/rebooking reservations right now.

1 Like

and they could be shifting availability around between ticket types or expanding limits… although I think there would be some kind of formal announcement if they were raising capacity limits.

1 Like

How many days for you?

Oh sorry, I’m not waiting.

Well I am, but to get back to WDW sometime next year hopefully. Not for an AP.

1 Like

But we appreciate you being swept up into our little adventure.

Oh sorry! I misunderstood!

I think my husband is becoming my enabler…
When i got around to telling him about the AP renewal, he said to me, “So when are we going back?” He then proceeded to tell me that if we went in October 2022, my AP would still be good for our big 25th anniversary trip in 2023.
He’s supposed to be my voice of reason. I think quarantine has got him :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Called Passholder support this morning (day 31 from initial call) to check why I had not yet heard back. We were told on Mar 16th that we were eligible to reinstate (as in, buy new) our passes that we cancelled during the Covid closure. Passholder support informed me that they had tried to call about 10 days after our initial call, but the phone number they had was not correct (they had inverted 2 numbers in my phone number in their records). So . . . confirmed that we are eligible, that they can apply the cost of the park-hopper tickets we have on our accounts, and that I will get a call back today :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Finally got my callback and approval today! I called on 3/18, so it was 29 days. I had also sent an email about a week ago to the passholder help address, explaining why I didn’t renew in the fall and practically begging for them to reinstate me :rofl:
I wasn’t sure if I was eligible, as I didn’t cancel, I let it expire in the fall (after the extensions on original May expiration).
Just wanted to chime in, in case anyone had a similar situation and was wondering.

7 Likes

28 days for me here. Called again yesterday. CM said he would put in a “2nd Request” for me. I told him I didn’t want that to put me at the end of the queue, and he assured me it wouldn’t. :roll_eyes:

So . . . no call back yesterday :cry:. But I called again this morning around 8:30 and they were, again, very nice and didn’t know why I had not gotten a call back yesterday. Assured me that the wait for Passholder support was minimal this morning and someone would call me back in about 2 minutes. Lo and behold … got a call about 10 minutes later :grinning: Hurray – we have annual passes! And they were able to apply the cost of the tickets that we had re-assigned to us from the tickets we bought for our adult kids for the cancelled trip last April (cue applause!).

Moral: it doesn’t hurt to call back and doing it first thing in the morning is best.

4 Likes

Not to whine here but… I called on 3/17/21 and was told I was put on the list. I called again on 3/19/21 and was told I was put on the list again because he didn’t see me on the list. I called again on 4/17/21 and CM told me he was putting in a “2nd Request”. It’s been 30 days since my first call. How many times must I call? Trip is in 3 weeks!

1 Like

With a trip in 3 weeks, I think it’s time you become the “ugly consumer” and call every other day until you get it. Calling WDW send to heavily depend on the CM you get. I would stress the upcoming trip.

2 Likes

I think the problem I am having is the “blocking” technique that the CM’s use to keep you from getting to the PH department. You’re right, I am going to have to get ugly (which is uncomfortable for me - a people pleaser).

Just call the passholder line. That’s what I did. Maybe that’s where you’re problem is.
(407) 939-7277

2 Likes

That is the number I’ve been calling, but they must have it forwarded to general CM’s for screening.

Got my call tonight around 8:45! We now have our AP’s!

11 Likes

Woohoo!

1 Like

Congrats! Hope you didn’t have to be too ugly! :joy:

1 Like