Renewal of Cancelled AP

My ticket that was put toward the AP was purchased directly from Disney. In pre-COVID times, I tried to use a third-party ticket linked on MDE to upgrade to an AP over the phone and was told I’d have to do it in person.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Maybe it will work for @meatsquatch78 too.

2 Likes

Thanks! What number did you call?

1 Like

I want to know the number too b/c every time I’ve call the AP dedicated number I’ve been on hold for hour(s) and ppl here keep writing they waited 20 min ??? whaaaaat?

The Passholder line - 407-939-7277

2 Likes

I waited probably 20 minutes for someone to pick up, then around an hour for them to get a hold of someone who could make the change and to do it.

2 Likes

Thank you

My pass expired in November 2020 (I used it twice after the parks reopened), I called last week and they said I qualify and I am on the list for call back to purchase a new AP.

(I did not renew as Covid cases were increasing and …I’m in Canada and of course there are now additional hotel quarantine/testing requirements :stuck_out_tongue:) With being able to purchase new I can then use it when I am able to go again (knock on wood… I’m hoping for June)

5 Likes

That fills me with hope. Thank you!

Well, I called and they didn’t say whether or not I qualify, but they filled out the form and said they would call me back. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

A non-update update, more for record keeping. 10 days and no call yet.

I got a call back just now. They told me I don’t qualify. Bummer.

Noooooooooooooo! Well, it didn’t hurt to ask.

Yeah, they really couldn’t give me a reason why I didn’t qualify. I mean, I’ve talked to people with very similar circumstances as mine who were able to renew, but they just said that they’re not selling new APs right now because they don’t want to crowd the parks. OK…but I could’ve renewed it myself just a few months ago, so…I’m confused about why I was denied.

Bummer! I’m surprised you got a call back so soon. I’m still waiting. Maybe I need to call again?

Oh nooo! I’m so sorry! It does really seem like the decision is random sometimes.

OK, I’m still really indecisive about whether to do this or not. I had an AP last year that I “cancelled” in August when they gave us that opportunity.

Right now I have an unused 7-day PH ticket, however I did buy that through UT so I don’t think I will be able to apply the value to my “new”/“renewed” AP. IF I keep the 7-day PH and use that for my June trip, can I wait and activate the AP at a later date? Say if I call them and renew right now, go on my trip in June and use my 7-day PH, and then go on another trip in the fall when I want to activate the AP?

1 Like

This is sort of what I’m figuring out. My understanding is that I will be sold a new AP (well, hopefully) that will not be active. In that scenario you should be able to hold on to the AP and activate it when you are ready and free you up to use the 7-day PH instead for the upcoming trip.

Please someone correct me if I got things mixed up. I haven’t been called back yet, but I’ll definitely report how this works for me (hopefully).

1 Like

I was given the same answer— no renewal or purchase possible— but we were given an explanation:

We didn’t cancel our APs during the closure. Disney reopened. Disney gave us (being all APs) additional months of AP time. So they “expired” in November 2020. Because we let our APs expire, we are not in the renewal time line. :sob:

This is kind of what I am struggling with. Only, I haven’t bought tickets yet. Do I buy discounted tickets for our May trip (which they reportedly won’t apply), or pay the WDW price so that I can apply them to the AP reinstatement (if it comes through)? Using Target gift cards to purchase my tickets was a major “fail”, (another story in another thread), so I will just be paying the WDW price. I am just so uncertain because of Covid. Who knows what the next month/year is going to look like?