Renewal of Cancelled AP

You can always ask, in the past the app would offer an upgrade under those same circumstances. The worst that can happen is they say ‘No’.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I didn’t get that far. The short answer is that I meant they told me I was eligible immediately. I was not ready to decide if I wanted to reinstate, so we left it at that.

ETA: She did look for each one of our cancelled passes, found them, determined that we were, in fact eligible, and gave me a price. So, I got the impression that I could have purchased them right away. I don’t know what else they would need to look at? But I did not actually proceed with requesting the reinstatement.

It looks like they did this for @Baemax?

1 Like

I wasn’t given a renewal price. I was only told that I was on the list and that I’ll get a call. 🤷

I had a 7-day PH ticket leftover from before the COVID-shutdown and had used 5 out of the 7 days on a Christmas trip. The CM noticed the ticket in my account and asked me if I wanted to use the value of the remaining days toward my purchase. So I would think you shouldn’t have any trouble applying the value of an unused ticket toward your AP.

1 Like

Here is today’s update…
I spoke with a CM from the AP Line today. When I said that I got an answer immediately, they meant that I was “on the list”. Yes, there is a delay (he said probably 3 weeks) until I get officially notified that I can reinstate. Interestingly, 2 days ago the CM quoted me a price which was the exact same amount I paid for our last AP’s. Today, a different CM told me that I would have to pay Disney’s current price of $1,272.68 (includes tax), which is more, and that the price that the other CM quoted me was wrong. :slightly_frowning_face: I believe today’s CM was correct, because it is the same price @Baemax quoted above in a previous post.

In any event, I expressed concern about the delay, since I need to make park reservations for our trip which starts May 8, and do not currently have valid park admission. He told me (and verified with his colleagues while I was on the phone) that I can purchase theme park tickets and they will apply those tickets to the price of the AP when I reinstate. This way I can make my park reservations now. The catch is… he was adamant that in order to do this, I MUST PURCHASE THE PARK TICKETS FROM WDW, AND NOT FROM A 3RD PARTY VENDOR. He also verified this with his colleagues while I was on the line. I guess I will take him at his word. I don’t want to take the risk by buying tickets from a 3rd party since I will likely reinstate.

The reinstated AP’s will have the same activation and expiration rules as any other new AP. Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Just curious… the PH ticket that they applied. Did you purchase this from WDW or from a 3rd party and link it to MDE?

This is probably true if you want to do it over the phone. With some vendors they make you do the transaction in person at Guest Services.

1 Like

Just want to make sure I am following you. Are you saying that if I purchase my tickets online (say from Boardwalk Ticketing) and link them to MDE myself (rather than doing it over the phone), that WDW will likely apply those tickets toward the AP reinstatement?

No - I’m saying if you bought your tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing, even if you linked them in MDE by yourself (or over the phone for that matter), you still might have to go in person to Guest Services while on site to apply the value of that ticket to your AP reinstatement. They won’t let you do the AP reinstatement (or any application of ticket value to a new ticket) over the phone with a 3rd Party Vendor ticket.

And honestly, since this is a very unique situation, I wouldn’t even risk that. I would just buy direct from Disney. They may only have a certain group that is authorized to do AP reinstatement, and it may not be available at Guest Services, so you’d be out of luck.

4 Likes

Oh, ok. I understand now. I keep hearing that people are buying Disney Gift Cards at Target for 5% off. I thought this might be an alternative to buying discounted tickets. (I think maybe @Tall_Paul1 mentioned this?) But every time I have tried to do this at my Target, they tell me no discount on Disney gift cards.

It doesn’t work on gift cards but the WDW cards are considered “entertainment cards” and the 5% red card discount does work - but not any other discounts. You can order them online also.

1 Like

Thank you! I understand now. :slightly_smiling_face: I couldn’t figure out why everytime I ask about Disney Gift Cards at the store, they tell me that the 5% discount is not good on gift cards! :smile:

So, I am unclear about this. Our APs were extended until December 2020 after the closure and we didn’t renew. Are we eligible to call and buy APs?

Based on my lightly following this thread, I believe you are eligible to call and renew. Hopefully someone can confirm.

1 Like

I think it’s only for those who cancelled or let their pass expire during the closure/grace period. The get out or stay in date was some time in August so since you used the full length of your AP and didn’t renew you would be ineligible. It wouldn’t hurt to call, but why did not renew in December?

1 Like

We didn’t think we’d get enough use out of them but now we think differently. Kicking myself for not renewing.

It never hurts to call and see. These are weird times so maybe they will let you.

1 Like

You can phone and ask, but I don’t think you are eligible. :frowning:

The criteria I have heard repeated are:

• your passes expired during the closure period
    Or
  • you cancelled your passes between the park closure and the end of September deadline for claiming refunds

Ours expired in January and I wasn’t planning on renewing. But then I booked 2 trips (one to fulfill a promised trip to my niece/nephew and one for my 20th anniversary) so now it make sense. Last week I called and told them I forgot to renew…and it took an hour and a half but they did end up letting me renew. And even better, my new renewal date now is in March because they had to rework the system to make it renew. Not sure if it will work for everyone, but try and call and ask very nicely :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes