Remy Ride @ Epcot

We are arriving on Saturday. My TouringPlans has Remy as available. I’m assuming that is wrong and I should delete it to get an accurate touring plan?

Remy isn’t open at this time.

1 Like

@len are you still thinking October for it to open?

Paying attention to construction, it seems VERY VERY close to done. They are putting final touches on the outside.

But that doesn’t mean it is about to open. I’d love to think it will be open for us in December, though. But who knows. They might intentionally wait until after Christmas so that it doesn’t have to “break in” during a particularly busy time?

3 Likes

Why oh why do you have to bring logic and reason into this :disappointed: I have :crossed_fingers: for Remy! :upside_down_face:

So far nearly EVERY SINGLE thing we had originally planned for our December trip has been taken away (all the reasons we chose December to begin with). So I’m just trying to be realistic that Remy won’t be there.

2 Likes

Lets hope ur wrong for once!

1 Like

I will delete from my plans so the ‘computer overlords’ can accurately guide us. Thank you!

2 Likes

This is my impression as well. I lost some hope when they took down the street sign, but then it was immediately replaced by a better one. I can’t tell if they just want to wrap up construction and move the people/machines elsewhere or if they are actually trying to finish it in order to open it.

I assume they have to decide if they want to release this with fanfare or just drop it quietly. I, personally, am crossing my fingers for a Columbus Day opening (since Disney likes the holiday openings) but I do think at this point Nov/Dec feels more likely.

1 Like

As of today, yes. It should be ready.

9 Likes

Do we have any ideas when in October? Get out your crystal ball!

2 Likes

that’ll be great. then there will be more people zigging while i’m zagging. i have zero interest in visiting an attraction so soon after opening. especially in a world where FPs don’t exist. i’ll be at WDW again some day. I can wait.

Ha ha! And I"m thinking about adding another day just to go to Epcot and ride Remy. Will wait in line.

1 Like

The ride will be ready by the end of October, training the CMs maybe not - it will have to be done virtually now.

However, per reliable sources, there is a battle going on between Orlando and Anaheim. Orlando want it open by Christmas to draw people to Epcot which is failing to meet it’s targeted attendance. Anaheim (Burbank) want it to wait until,2021 and use it to draw more people to WDW as a whole when restrictions start to be lifted.

3 Likes

In that case, the decision is made for me … :cry:

1 Like

I notice my April 2021 TP tells me to cancel plans to ride the Remy attraction as it will not be open.

Did we see an updated forecast of when this ride will open?

“Opening in 2021” I know that doesn’t help very much!
Rumor is Spring.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the best we have just now. Sometime between March and June.

This is really a marketing decision now. It could be ready much sooner but they want to use it to lure people back as travel starts to open up again.

2 Likes

Disney is sending out audition requests for a promotional spot to record in about 2 weeks…

2 Likes

Bummer. All that rehearsing our family did at pretending to be having a blast, wasted. Setting up chairs in our living room, seated, laughing and pointing? All for nothing. Just because we’re Michiganders, we don’t get a shot?

I feel robbed.

4 Likes