Removing Park Hopper: a warning

CM told me we had until 7 days out to pay our package also but that would make me nervous.

1 Like

Today’s CM told me 30 days again. I’ve heard over and over it is 7, but I agree :point_down:

I still need to take one person off one of my package bookings, hoping that will not present a problem with the 35% off. Otherwise I guess I’ll keep the extra ticket. My resort has already been moved. I’ll ask about the 7 vs 30 day issue when I call on that one.

Exactly how I was thinking, but I definitely wasn’t ready to eloquently argue my thoughts. Glad I didn’t have to!

Disney IT being what it is, it is sending on the old schedule. You have until 7 days in advance as far as I know.

Editing to add: I am very impressed with TP that sent me an email that tomorrow I can make dining for my AKL part of my split stay – 60 days in advance, vs 180. Good work @len Maybe you guys can work on Disney IT??

4 Likes

My TA took off PH+ and MM and I kept the 35% off.

1 Like

That’s awesome and good to know. I hate to say this but maybe they are told to say that push back first? To see if people back down and say, “okay thanks anyway?”

Sounds like CMs are inconsistent as usual. The one I spoke to said PH had to come off, I would have left it on to see if hopping was reinstated by December. I’m sure if I try to add it back in December I would then be charged the current going rate. And I have no way of knowing if I was credited based on the August 2019 ticket rate (when I booked the package) or the June 2020 rate, you never see a breakdown. I never thought of it until @OBNurseNH brought this thread up.

1 Like

OK, my MDE is now reflecting that I owe EVEN LESS than what the CM told me. A glitch? more pixie dust? What its reflecting is that I actually received $426 back from removing PHH instead of the $349.26 that I was told.

hmmm :thinking:

I asked on the chat feature of the website- got a wonderful CM who used Lion King references- and she said I have to call to get an extension. I was trying not to call, but I guess I have to.

Call them back and complain! :wink:

1 Like

That is the first time I have ever heard of that. Let me check my emails

Just seeing this post…

Their excuse doesn’t make any sense!
The cost for PH is a static amount on top of the (fluctuating) date-based base ticket price!

Doesn’t matter what date you pick, adding PH costs the same.
(Although they have tiered the PH amount based on the number of ticket days now, but if you have the same number of days it doesn’t change.)
Plus PH+ is a static amount on top of that.

Crazy.

1 Like

But that cost may have gone up since folks purchased 2020 tickets. There’s always a bump up sometime in February.

I cannot find it right now and am at work so really shouldn’t be looking. I’ll check later.

Sure, but you paid $85 and it still costs $85.
(I was referencing your first post, didn’t see all of the discussion in the middle if a different topic came up that I missed.)

I called, wait time was only 15 minutes! And they played all the best music…I literally got tears in my eyes from Golden Dream, and then the Welcome show song. I miss Disney so much, just hearing the music made everything seem okay.
The CM said it is 7 days, no need to worry about the auto emails that are still set for 30 days out. Also there is no need to request an extension. I also had him see if we could move to CBR from the Cabins (now that I have a 14 day Vermont hotel bill if Avery goes to school). There was plenty of availability at CBR, it would save me $1000. Will have to think on that.

1 Like

(whispering)

TBPH I reported the $85 here and to CM on phone because that’s what I could see on the site today; I cannot see rates from before the increase, and my ticket confirmation does not break it down AFAIK

IIRC I paid something like 76/ticket, but I don’t have any way to reference that now

So although I was definitely not trying to swindle them out of any $ I do think I probably got a smidge more back than I paid.

1 Like

Be careful. What gives you tears today will - after it runs around your head for a week - want you to pluck your brain out of your head to make it stop

All of this jives with what I remember the most recent communication to be. I have never seen anything about calling for an extension

Don’t you sometimes wonder where they get these phone (and apparently chat) CMs?

1 Like

Well sure, if there was a jump between your purchase and the new tix date I can see there being wiggle room on the refund. But to offer you essentially $30 PH refund per ticket when it cost $76 makes no sense in any world.

I know people like us take advantage of things like AP bridging that can give CMs mathematical seizures, but this was apples to apples.