Removing Park Hopper: a warning

I have four 5-Day Hopper Plus tickets

Thatā€™s $85/pp then, so you would be expecting a refund of $340

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I have 8 day PHs for July and 5 day PHs for September that I will need to be adjusting if we donā€™t make it on those trips.

So of course that didnā€™t mean it was the end, right?

None of the tickets were linked :woman_facepalming:t4:

I just had to call ticketing AGAIIIIIIIIN to get them re-linked.

I think thatā€™s the end of this??

Iā€™m scared to do anything right now and lose my reservations with my trip so close. Maybe I should wait till i hit the first park and visit guest services?

1 Like

That would work. I was anticipating using the funds from cancelling that to rent the car we are getting

But nothing happened to our park passes, even when my tickets were no longer there, nor after they were restored.

1 Like

According to 3 separate conversations with cast members last week, that is incorrect. You do not have to use them within so many days of first use. Guess we wonā€™t know for sure until it is tested, but one of the cmā€™s even went through an example with me. 7 days between now and Sept 26, 2021. No other limitations. Does not have to be same trip.

1 Like

It might be different if you remove the PH though? Mine became date-based (still not sure if that was a screw up on the part of the first CM) and have a new expiry that is not 9/2021. Although if we donā€™t use them all in this visit the remainder can be used toward the purchase of a new ticket.

I can confirm that after adding days to my tickets, they became date based as well. So looks like any modifications and they become date based but otherwise can be used over time.

2 Likes

I figured it out: I purchased my tix before the last ticket price increase.

Agree, looks like any modification will cost you that benefit of the Sept 26 21 Exp date.

Ditto. Iā€™ve decided I am going to wait another 2 weeks before I call and change my tickets around. I know I will need the hopper removed regardless but going to wait for my plus option. We may end up wanting to play mini golf on all our off daysā€¦or hold out hope for water parks.

Iā€™m confused a bit by this thread, in terms of what to expect.

Actually, we only have a single ticket to deal with. My wifeā€™s December ticket was an 8-day Park Hopper. It was converted over one that has an expiration of Sept. 2021. But the fact is, we are still going during our original dates, only park hopping is no longer an option (at least as of nowā€¦perhaps it will change before our trip, but I doubt it). Anyhow, when I look at the price we paid for the 8-day PH versus a non-PH, it appears the PH was around $72 more, so I would expect some kind of refund on the order of $72. I donā€™t really care if it is EXACTLY correct, but somewhere around that.

But if Disney no longer treats the ticket as a date-based ticket and then before refunding it they convert it back to a date-based ticket, does that somehow make it so Disney effectively gets more of my money?

I actually donā€™t even care if it is a refund. Just give me a $72 credit toward my room, or $72 gift card, etc. Just not sure how to handle it. We did buy tickets through UTā€¦but that shouldnā€™t matter, should it? It is still a Disney PH ticket linked to my MDE account.

No you should get the refund of $72.

The issue I had was that they did want to change the cost of the ticket after making it new date-based. I wanted my ticket - rightly - price protected, as I was only changing the date because I couldnā€™t use it when I wanted, and PH is not offered now. As stated, though, I would have been okay if they said I would have to wait until arrival to confirm PH not offered during my visit to get the full refund. That wasnā€™t the case though.

Though the caveat of having bought third party, I canā€™t answer to. I wonder if they will push you to UT to resolve?

Maybe Iā€™ll reach out to UT first and see what they say about the matter. That way, if/when it comes time to talk to Disney about it, Iā€™ll already know what UTā€™s response is.

Good plan

Thinkingā€¦if we end up being able to take this trip in July and if Gold APs are again available I will probably want to upgrade the kidsā€™ to APs. Do you think I should wait to do this when we arrive? At GS? The whole thought of jacking with cancelling tickets and purchasing APs prior to arrival seems like more of a headache than I would like to take onā€¦

You can only upgrade a base or hopper at GS in person. You cannot do that over the phone.

1 Like

Does anyone have the number to the WDW ticket center? I need to add a day to our tickets we already purchased for our 2021 trip. Not looking forward though to sitting on hold for hours lol. :laughing:

407-566-4985 is tickets