Removal of Holiday Overlays

I think that I remember a chart on a thread, that I was sure that I bookmarked…
I am trying to plan a trip to Disneyland after the removal of the holiday overlays on Haunted Mansion and it’s a small world, but when the attractions are reopened. The holiday overlays are on the calendar through January 17th. I am trying to figure out when to go to do both attractions when they will be reopened.
I foolishly sent the question to guest services in Disneyland 9 days ago and have gotten no response. Nothing that far into the future on their calendar.

1 Like

I think @93111tink shared a calendar of past years from a fan Facebook page she follows. Am I remembering that right? It had the dates that overlays were added and removed each year, and when the rides were closed.

3 Likes

I did! And now I’m off to find it! :blush::heart:

4 Likes

Do we know why the delay in opening IASW with the holiday overlay this year? The outside lights are up, but the ride was not operational, at least on Friday. Someone waiting for the parade said something about flooding inside the ride?

3 Likes

2 Likes

I guess it was badly flooded and it might be like WoC where it was over a year to fix the damage. :pensive::pensive:

2 Likes
2 Likes

So sad! I at least read that the dolls / animatronics weren’t damaged.

2 Likes

Also the article has this at the end:

Update to last post: the worst case scenario is highly unlikely. Disney is doing everything it can to have Small World reopen in early 2022

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Unable to get any info from guest services. I didn’t even think about the flooding problems being longer lasting.

2 Likes

Oh no we have gone to Disneyland 4 times during the overlay into Christmas. The kids have never been on it’s a small world. We were so excited to get the opportunity since we are going this weekend, later than usual. So bummed to Break the bad news.

1 Like

It’s so hard to tell them these things! #firstworldproblems I waited as late as I could to tell my kids when we went on our most recent trip (just before Thanksgiving). They were sad but pretty good sports about it and talked about how next time we go at Christmas they’ll be excited to ride it first.

We got back a week ago yesterday and last night I had to console the 4 year old at bedtime when he started weeping about how much he missed small world since it was closed on our trip. So now guess who’s rope dropping it’s a small world their next trip? :joy: :joy: (it won’t be the first time either).

3 Likes

That will have to be us too next chance. I think next year we are going in Nov though so back to during the overlay

Oh man, I didn’t even think about having to tell my 5 year old about small world likely being closed this trip (9 more sleeps!). Prior to this year, he exclusively referred to Disneyland (and world) as “Small World”.

This will be the first trip where he’s tall enough to ride almost everything, so hopefully that makes up for it.

2 Likes

What days are your trip? Lots of news about it opening “next week” this morning with no specific day mentioned but the app no longer shows it “closed for refurbishment“ after Sunday 12/05 so hopefully it will be open for you! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Fingers crossed!!

1 Like

We go tomorrow and Saturday

1 Like

I just watched a YouTube video from Fresh Baked that said that iasw is opening on the 5th based on the information that he had read.

1 Like

Boats are in the flume and CMs are all around! :heart:

5 Likes