Remembering the Magic, a Throwback Trip Report

DH grew up in So Cal and spent his 5th birthday at Disneyland. We decided to do 5th birthday trips to WDW for both boys.

We didn’t know we’d end up going 8 times in the 3 years (including both trips) in between…

Planning and taking trips has definitely been my mental escape and happy place. Not having so much fun with the current uncertainty, but remembering this trip has been fun.

4 Likes

We will definitely do another report when we go back.

Our next trip is supposed to be a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy at the end of May. I so want to go, even if later this summer. But, I’m reading that ports will be closed until at least August, and wondering if the ships will even sail yet.

We were supposed to do a 1 night, no park stay after the cruise, but that will probably be nixed with no cruise preceding it.

Our next big WDW trip is planned for April 2021 for DS9’s 10th birthday. Really hope the parks are back to “normal” by then.

I have a long weekend trip planned for us during the kids’ fall break in October. ADRs for that in 2 days… not sure we’ll even go then, but it’s something to think about for now.

As DS6 says “I hate the coronavirus.” And I’ll add, “I hate uncertainty.”

1 Like

Yes the uncertainty is tough. Luckily we weren’t going back to WDW till July 2022 anyway, but I think our July cruise will be cancelled, I just wish they’d get on with it!

Agreed, cancel on me so I can get more credit and reschedule! Ideally, cancel all summer cruises so I don’t rebook for July and then have to go through this again…

Summer 2022 has us tentatively planned to go back to SoCal for Disneyland and the Hotel Del (our 20th anniversary, and our honeymoon was at the Del in San Diego).

1 Like

If (when) it’s cancelled we will rebook for next summer but we might not be able to do the same itinerary - this year DS15 was due to finish school mid June after his exams but next year he’ll be in college so will finish late July (school in the UK runs Sept-July).