Reasonable 1.5 hour plan?

If we plan to get to MK by 8:30 am when it opens at 9 am, does this seem like a reasonable plan, starting at 9 am?

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Big Thunder or Splash 1/2 group; others do Magic Carpets

We have an ADR at BOG at 10:25 am. I trying to get a sense of how much we can expect to do standby before then. Three rides? Maybe both coasters? I don’t want to start with them, because I want to start the day with a couple of rides the whole group can do together.

Well, SM and BTMR are about as far apart as you can get in the parks, so it would add a lot of walking time to try to do both.

I thought Splash and BTMR were close?

Sorry. SM = Space Mountain. The coaster. Splash Mountain isn’t a coaster.

I would think the attractions you listed will be fine. 3 of your attractions are really close so not a lot of walking time in between.

I do agree with @ryan1 though, i don’t think you can get from BT to SM, if i remember right that is like a 1 mile walk.

Splash Mountain is 11 minutes just for the ride time. Jungle Cruise is about 10 minutes. BTMR is about 3 1/2 minutes. Pirates is almost 9 minutes.

So, when timing things out, you have to keep in mind the actual ride times, not just the wait.

Yes, I have the times in consideration, which is why I’m thinking three rides, but was hoping maybe they’d let us in earlier than 9 am, in which case maybe we could squeeze one more in?

I have always considered Splash Mt a roller coaster- it is faster than BTMR and 7DMT, so why is it not a coaster?

It is a Log Flume ride. A water ride. Other than one little section (The Laughing Place), there is no “coasting” involved. :slight_smile: It is also VERY slow. Not sure what you mean by it being faster, other than the one drop at the end.

Anyhow, I think your plan for three rides is okay. You might squeeze in a fourth or even fifth. What I’d do is see where you’re at after Pirates. If lines are long now for BTMR or Splash, pick one and then head toward FantasyLand. Maybe get in a ride on Peter Pan’s Flight or Winnie the Pooh, etc. If you have time, hit up BTMR (or Splash, whichever you didn’t do). If you STILL have time, you can try to hit one of the FantasyLand rides. If you don’t, you still did pretty well.

The only negative I see to this plan is that those particular rides are also rides that, even with longer lines, tend to move fairly quickly in terms of the queue. It COULD be better to pick rides that have queues that are very slow (such as Aladdin’s Carpets) usually and get them out of the way so that you don’t have to wait 45 minutes (or whatever) for a 1 1/2 minute ride! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by it being faster, other than the one drop at the end.

I guess I’ve just seen lists with “max speed.” Good to know it’s just at the end- maybe I can convince my daughter to go, too!

The only negative I see to this plan is that those particular rides are also rides that, even with longer lines, tend to move fairly quickly in terms of the queue.

I thought Jungle Cruise had a really slow line. (again, why I’m checking, since I clearly have no idea!).

you don’t have to wait 45 minutes (or whatever) for a 1 1/2 minute ride!

Yah, not doing that. Hence planning the carpets for my daughter early.

If lines are long now for BTMR or Splash, pick one

Yes, that was my thought.

Maybe get in a ride on Peter Pan’s Flight or Winnie the Pooh, etc.

That would be a cool bonus! (Or, Small World? I’m most excited about the nostalgic ones I remember from childhood I want to share with my kids).

I think it’s reasonable.

One more thought about Splash Mountain. You need to keep in mind you’ll come off the ride wet. Not soaked, but wet. The question is if you’ll want to get wet that early and potentially be wet for BOG. If not, then you’d be better off picking BTMR and doing Splash Mountain later in the heat of the day.

Hmm. Actually, maybe others can weigh in. I don’t recall ever waiting long…but then, we always go during the slow season, so it might not be an accurate reflection!

Right. Small World. Most exciting ride EVER! (he says sardonically.) Okay. To be fair, my wife LOVES Small World. I just tolerate it. :slight_smile: But I did find a hidden mickey on it, so that’s something.

Jungle Cruise can be very slow moving. Mainly I think because of the time it can take to unload and then load each boat. Plus the line is a switch-back and, although covered and with fans, it can get hot.

Last fall I jumped into the Standby line for Jungle Cruise with a posted wait of 20 min and wound up waiting for 65 min. It is definitely a slow loader and the wait times seem to be highly variable.