Really stupid travel /carry on question

I’m most likely going to do laundry when I’m there in a few weeks -
My daughter has sensitive skin and broke out in hives the last time we switched detergent, so I’d like to bring our own (liquid) detergent pod.
Is that ok for a carryon? Do I need to be concerned about it exploding?

I would put it in a snack sized ziplock inside of your 3-1-1 liquids bag just to be safe.

2 Likes

As long as it’s in your 3-1-1 bag, it should be fine. There’s no air in the pod, so it shouldn’t explode.

You may want to put it in its own ziplock bag just in case.

1 Like

I was also thinking about just popping it and putting the liquid in a travel container. That might actually be the way to go!!

1 Like

They do sell trial size liquid. But I’ve brought pods before and they don’t explode.

3 Likes

Good to know, I was surprised to see my bag off chips inflate, then manage to open a bit the last time I flew. Now I always wonder what else can

1 Like

Could you bring powdered detergent instead of liquid? (Do they still sell that?) If I was carrying on only I’d be out of space for all my toiletries if I brought liquid detergent along.

1 Like

We bring pods all the time. We’ve never had one explode or leak.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

No, we don’t want to switch because my daughter broke out in hives last time we tried new stuff

1 Like

The only thing I would be wary about is that there will be residual stuff from detergents used before yours in the detergent/softener area of the washer. People who don’t use public laundromats are often not aware of that, but there is definitely some residue left over that can get into your wash. If she’s that sensitive to anything but what you usually use, I honestly would skip doing laundry. Or have a lot of benadryl or whatever you treat her with on hand.

1 Like