Reality Check

We have a 3:30p flight; when we rebooked that was the latest flight SW had. They’ve added others, but the price is not right. Will keep watching though and adjust if possible. We usually try to fly out on the 8:45pm that they usually offer

We will watch MNSSHP show at TOWL another night

Probably

Unless I sneak up there that first night

Which as you know I won’t because firm early to bed and all.

Maybe

2 Likes

You got to!!!

1 Like

We are 8/28 to 9/7. Staying POFQ. So nervous because we cant push it back by too many more weeks until my oldest will be 10. Uhg. Was really trying to get that one last trip with the kid price.

2 Likes

I mean, I definitely will while I’m at BLT but that first night it’s strictly early bed.

Unless I sneak up there

Which I won’t

Unless I do

3 Likes

I hope our paths cross!

2 Likes

We’re scheduled at Fort Wilderness for Sep 13-21. I’m hoping for the best, but also prepared for the real possibility that it won’t happen. Aside from covid concerns, there’s always the possibility of a hurricane at that time, too. We somehow squeezed in between all the storms last year (Sep 8-13) and it was perfect, so I’m kinda hoping for that again. :crossed_fingers:t4:

2 Likes

I am at least as worried about the hurricane forecast as I am the COVID one

1 Like

I’d say it’s my bigger concern, but I knew the risk both times I booked for Sep. The {hopefully still} lower crowds are worth the uncertainty for me, though. Hopefully we’ll all get to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, this reality check smacked me hard in the face this week. I offered to treat my sister and her family to a trip to WDW this summer. She considered it but turned me down as she legit doesn’t think they’re going to be permitted to return stateside this summer (she lives in Madrid). Turning down a free trip to Disney is the ultimate - this thing is more serious and complicated than anticipated - decision.

Of course I then booked a trip in October but I assume that’ll either be cancelled for me or I’ll cave to reality/fear and cancel it. The rebound next fall/winter has me very worried at this point. But I’ll be back enjoying my grown up lemonade and riding TSMM soon!

2 Likes

@GeneralOrgana I’m in KY too. Our “healthy at home” is a shelter in place. It’s just a more positive way to say it. Even those with shelter in place can go to the grocery and pharmacy. Same thing, just a different name.

2 Likes

I agree, it is a shelter in place, but without the language. Unfortunately without that language I’ve still noticed stupid people around my neighborhood doing stupid things. Speaking of which, our subdivision has a neighborhood playground/park that is maintained by our HOA fees. I have seen several families playing on the equipment and mingling. You can’t be doing that. I sent an email to the HOA saying they should close the playground equipment as the city has and their response was at this time they ask that only one family at a time use the equipment as they will keep it open for families that need that as an outlet. I’m just over here wondering how stupid can you be. The virus lives on surfaces for days; just because you aren’t playing at the same time (which will happen anyhow) doesn’t mean they aren’t picking it up and spreading the virus. Unfortunately I know this sort of thing is happening all over, but this is all I’m seeing as I’m staying home like I’m suppose to be.

I think the “healthy at home” is a good phase for mental health and our governor is doing an amazing job.

6 Likes

Our officials explained that they would like to reserve “shelter in place” for literal “find shelter NOW and don’t move until we tell you to” situations, like active shooters and chemical plant explosions. I think it’s a reasonable differentiation. And I agree many people aren’t taking it seriously enough. Sigh.

5 Likes

We canceled our June trip today and are not rebooking until a firm reopening date is established. I have a feeling it is going to be a long wait.

1 Like

How does he figure it’s the Superbowl’s fault??

I just don’t understand how he can say it was in state over 6 weeks ago and then delay a stay at home order?

7 Likes

The Lt. Gov. of Florida tweeted talking crap when the Gov. of Colorado shut down the ski resorts a few weeks ago. Apparently his family was on their way here for vacation, and he tweeted something along the lines of “Thanks for ruining our vacation!” The ski resort towns lack enough icu beds and are absolutely at risk of being overrun by this thing.

3 Likes

Magical Thinking.

If it was at the Superbowl, they would have started spiking by the end of February even if only a small percentage had it.

3 Likes

I think we all need to campaign to Disney to open for a couple days just for liners. We’re an organized group. We’ll follow all social distancing rules and make sure we don’t touch anything. Sound good?

(But in all serious I will remain hopeful and continue to bump my trip as needed - if only to keep my original ticket price :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:)

7 Likes

7 Likes

isn’t the incubation period less than the 47 days since the Superbowl? Why not blame Christmas while he’s at it?

5 Likes